Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:25 pm
A 3" blade is more than enough for my needs in a folding knife. I only have four Spyderco knives:
- Chaparral LW: my newest and current favorite carry either clipped or unclipped. Light and thin, it is disappears until I want it, and then I'm amazed at what a solid and excellent tool it becomes. In use it gives up a little in edge and ergonomics to the Sage (see below), but that is more than made up for by the way it slices and carries. With only 1/3" less edge, the Chaparral feels like less than half of a Sage 1 when folded.
- Sage 1: feels better in hand than any knife I own, but carries a bit large/heavy for my daily needs. I tend to use it for projects and around the house. The CF scales still look like new after seven years, and I'm very happy with deployment and liner lock mechanism
- Ladybug: I bought this to couple with a bladeless Leatherman Style PS; a surprisingly good cutter in a a small package. This combo gets a fair amount of pocket time .
- Executive C04P late 1980s vintage; this was a gift from my brother before I knew what a Spydeerco was, it has great sentimental value but gets little use.
- Not sure what's on deck. I am curious about Sage 5 LW, PM 3 LW, Chaparral CF, maybe a slip joint, but right now the Chaparal LW is scratching the itch pretty well.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:45 pm
In no particular order:
Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”