Martial Blade Camp Special Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Janich

Martial Blade Camp Special Announcement

Post by Michael Janich »

To All:

The original concept of Martial Blade Camp was to provide a training opportunity for MBC alumni that would allow them to review, hone, and perfect their existing skills. However, after receiving numerous requests from folks who have not yet had the chance to participate in MBC training, I have decided to make the camp available to non-MBC alumni as well.

With the help of a number of my private students who have agreed to serve as assistant instructors, we will be able to provide the same high-speed advanced training originally planned for experienced MBC players, while at the same time quickly bringing newbies up to speed as well. Since some aspects of the instruction will go well beyond the current MBC curriculum, that material will most likely be new to both novices and experienced players. As such, everyone will be able to play with those skills on equal levels.

For complete information on Martial Blade Camp and to find out how to register, please go to:

http://www.martialbladecraft.net/martial_blade_camp.htm

The deadline for registration is 7 July, so don't wait. Sign up now for what is sure to be one of the most unique edged-weapon training experiences ever offered to the public.

Stay safe,

mike j
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Mike, this is good news for me, since it looks impossible for me to take off from work in July. Thanks!
Pachucko

Post by Pachucko »

Hey Rex, You driving or flying?

Edited by - Pachucko on 5/17/2003 10:03:09 PM
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Pachucko, it's way too early to know that yet. If I go to the July MBC, flying will be the only way to make it in such a narrow window of time. September is too far away to make plans yet, but it does give me hope, at least. I actually like driving, because getting there is half the fun.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Rex:

Sorry for the slow response -- been in the video studio for a few days and away from the computer.

I'm sorry you can't get time off to come play in July, but I'm encouraged that Martial Blade Camp gives you another chance. I really hope to see you there.

I have been in touch with the folks who have already registered and will be sending out a letter soon soliciting ideas for other topics that we can cover at the camp. As food for thought, what types of topics would you forumites like to see included in specialized MBC instruction? So far, I'm looking at the following:

Martial Stick Craft (specifically, use of the ASP baton)
Knife and Tomahawk throwing (both sport and defense)
Joint-locks with edged weapons
Left hand vs. right hand (both training and combative application)
Double-knife tactics
Improvised weapon work
Empty-hand tactics drawn from MBC
Large-weapon tactics (specifically machetes and such)
Balisong stuff
Karambit stuff
Extreme MBC (for law enforcement/military applications)

All comments, suggestions and ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Stay safe,

mike j