BladeHQ Exclusive Native 5 Linerless Natural G10 DLC CPM-M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: BladeHQ Exclusive Native 5 Linerless Natural G10 DLC CPM-M4

Post by steelcity16 »

Got mine! First Spydie of the year after using 2018 to buy, test, and sell more models than I care to admit. Figured out what I enjoy, so now I can be selective.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

Only three left!

Edit: sold out in four hours 10 minutes
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Looking forward to swapping blades with my Fluted carbon fiber S90V. .. :)

James
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Anyone know how many were produced? This sold out faster than I thought it would.
Ruudr

Post by Ruudr »

Due to the stupid BHQ website I coudn’t buy the knife and let it ship to the Netherlands... So no M4 Native 5 for me :( Never had these problems with other American knife retailers... Too bad, maybe secondary market?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Carrying mine today, it’s another great example of the Native 5 platform. Congrats to those that scored one today, and for those that didn’t, hopefully you’ll be able to find them on the secondary market. Cheers, Radioactive

And yes, I did swap the blade back into the natural G10 scales. The very slight mismatch between the height of the backspacer and the fluted CF scales drove my OCD too crazy to leave it that way. Hopefully some of you planning to also do this swap have better luck! But of course don’t forget who did it first ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

I purchased one, but after I received the confirmation email, I noticed that I was charged sales tax. I called the dealer and politely questioned this since I do not live in the state that the dealer is located in, nor have I been charged tax on previous purchases from the dealer. The gentleman on the phone was unprofessional and snarky, so I cancelled it on the spot. Oh well, I freed it up for somebody else :D..No regrets. No I need to decide what to purchase next; had a new Lynch clip allocated for one of these. :cool:
fixall

Post by fixall »

buccilli15 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:35 pm
I purchased one, but after I received the confirmation email, I noticed that I was charged sales tax. I called the dealer and politely questioned this since I do not live in the state that the dealer is located in, nor have I been charged tax on previous purchases from the dealer. The gentleman on the phone was unprofessional and snarky, so I cancelled it on the spot. Oh well, I freed it up for somebody else :D..No regrets. No I need to decide what to purchase next; had a new Lynch clip allocated for one of these. :cool:
New laws. It used to be that if you lived in a state that had sales tax and purchased something online from a company with no presence in your state... You wouldn't be charged sales tax.

This is no longer the case. If your state has sales tax and you purchase something online from a state with no sales tax, you still pay sales tax now.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

fixall wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:44 pm
buccilli15 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:35 pm
New laws. It used to be that if you lived in a state that had sales tax and purchased something online from a company with no presence in your state... You wouldn't be charged sales tax.

This is no longer the case. If your state has sales tax and you purchase something online from a state with no sales tax, you still pay sales tax now.
Totally get it (now). :)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

No tax to Florida and we have all kinds of taxes especially on tourism and hotels.
wes

Post by wes »

I live in Florida. Ordered 3 of them. No sales tax charged.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Rpp wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Only three left!

I hope other dealers are watching and take note that the Native in peel ply (not smooth or diamond pattern) G10 with a good steel (how bout some Cruwear, 4V, 3V, cts-xhp, 52100, rex45, m390, elmax, cts-204p, etc???) is a good option for an exclusive.

St Nick's, i'm looking at you!! red g10 and dlc 4v all the way!! :)

Cutlery Shoppe, i'm looking at you too!!! orange g10 with dlc cts-xhp would be an easy sell out! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Rpp wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Only three left!

I hope other dealers are watching and take note that the Native in peel ply (not smooth or diamond pattern) G10 with a good steel (how bout some Cruwear, 4V, 3V, cts-xhp, 52100, rex45, m390, elmax, cts-204p, etc???) is a good option for an exclusive.

St Nick's, i'm looking at you!! red g10 and dlc 4v all the way!! :)

Cutlery Shoppe, i'm looking at you too!!! orange g10 with dlc cts-xhp would be an easy sell out! :)
I wouldn't mind if DLT (20CV DLC Tan G10) and Knifeworks (CTS-204P DLC Green G10) each commissioned a run!

James
PStone

Post by PStone »

I would like to see knifeworks do the “Batman” treatment to the Native like they did with the Manix. And keep the steel 52100.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:31 pm
I would like to see knifeworks do the “Batman” treatment to the Native like they did with the Manix. And keep the steel 52100.

+1! I think that Grey/DLC 52100 is the best looking knife Spyderco has ever done. Would love a Native and Millie in that combo!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:31 pm
This would hands down be my first Native. Never thought of this scenario...but I absolutely love it!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

There you go Radio, showing off again! :p

Very nice!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
anycal

Post by anycal »

I thought about this one for a while. Came back to BHQ couple of times during the time it was in stock. As tempting as it was, I decided to pass. Since I already have M4, I'll wait for a different steel with linerless G10.

For those of you to whom this will be a first linerless G10 Native 5, i turst you will like it. I really like mine. I now prefer it to the LW.

In solidarity with my bothers and sisters in posession of this one, or awaiting the DCL version,

Peter
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

I don't see the appeal of natural G10... it looks like something you'd find swimming around at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.