Will Spyderco resharpen a 2nd hand knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kllrbee

Will Spyderco resharpen a 2nd hand knife?

Post by Kllrbee »

Yeah I know, its kind of a stretch, but I figured Id ask.

Bought a slightly used, but resharpened Slysz Bowie at a fairly good price. They are getting hard to find for less than at least 3 bills so I took a chance on a resharpened one.
Its not too bad really, cuts paper, arm hair, etc., but It would be cool if I could get it resharpened from whence it came.
Do they do that on a 2nd...maybe 3rd owner knife?
Im sure this has been discussed, but im no good at searching...never comes back right...lol.
Thnx all!
The Meat man

Re: Will Spyderco resharpen a 2nd hand knife?

Post by The Meat man »

I'm not sure why they wouldn't, but if you wanted to make sure you could just give them a phone call and ask.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

My understanding is yes, they will sharpen any Spyderco knife. Shipping charges are the customers responsibility.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Joey

Post by Joey »

I’d do some research when sending in a knife with that price tag. I’ve heard they can do some iffy work when getting a free sharpening, though I’ve never sent one in myself. I’m sure the two are far from comparable, but I did have a horrible experience with Cabelas free sharpening service.
I just learned to accept the factory grind wont last forever, so I may as well learn to do it as best I can on my own.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I have had a couple in for spa service and the came back looking near factory new.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

They don't ask for receipts. How would they even know?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

They'll resharpen any Spyderco knife. They don't have records of who the original owner of every knife is. There would be no way to know that you hadn't simply bought it at a store, in person, and owned it the entire time. It would be crazy of them to try to track things like that--a bookkeeping nightmare.

Joey, where did you hear that? I've never heard any complaints about the factory sharpening service.
Kllrbee

Post by Kllrbee »

Very good.
Thnx guys. Ill look into sending it in.
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

As long as it isn’t a fake if you send it in with the payment I think they will sharpen.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch