What happened to the Kapara

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J.Sib84

What happened to the Kapara

Post by J.Sib84 »

Was the kapara released or not? I've seen several posted on Instagram showing the knife but all the retailers I use show out of stock or preorder. Knifecenter says delayed by manufacturer. :confused:
Zatx

Re: What happened to the Kapara

Post by Zatx »

J.Sib84 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm
Was the kapara released or not? I've seen several posted on Instagram showing the knife but all the retailers I use show out of stock or preorder. Knifecenter says delayed by manufacturer. :confused:

It was released a few months ago and they made x number of them, and it was so popular they sold x number of them... quickly!
J.Sib84

Post by J.Sib84 »

Well I guess that's good I guess. It's a beautiful knife. I'll just have to wait a little longer then. Until then I'll keep watching YouTube videos and Instagram pictures to tease myself.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

A second run of the Kapara seems almost certain to me. The thing is a gem.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

J.Sib84 wrote:
One European dealer (knivesandtools) states it will be in stock again in 3 days, another one (Lamnia) more generally "in February". They are both reliable in my experience, so I'm quite sure there will be second run
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm
A second run of the Kapara seems almost certain to me. The thing is a gem.
It is... And I had one already, but had to sell it again to fund another Stretch 1 since I figured the Stretch 1 would soon be even harder to find, but the Kapara still available for a long time so I could buy another one some day... hope I did not make a mistake there...
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
J.Sib84

Post by J.Sib84 »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:44 pm
J.Sib84 wrote:
One European dealer (knivesandtools) states it will be in stock again in 3 days, another one (Lamnia) more generally "in February". They are both reliable in my experience, so I'm quite sure there will be second run
I will keep checking everyday. This looks like it could knock a couple of my PM2 out of my pocket for a little while.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's my understanding that this is going to be a regular production knife. It sold out quickly on its initial release a couple months ago. I'm sure if your patient, you'll be able to get one from any of the major distributors.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I got to handle one, it's really, really nice.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
sal

Post by sal »

The Kapara is regular production. The model is being well received. Alistair and our Taichung plant did an excellent job. They are more popular than we anticipated. More are being made.

sal
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

sal wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 am
The Kapara is regular production. The model is being well received. Alistair and our Taichung plant did an excellent job. They are more popular than we anticipated. More are being made.

sal
Thank you Sal. I was hoping to see one in person at the Brisbane knife show coming up, but maybe not. I'm not a fan of the compression lock but I am a fan of Alistair's work so this did interest me. I will wait if I have to.
Kleon

Post by Kleon »

I for one am happy to see this knife being produced again. Keeping my fingers crossed for some sprint runs / limited edition runs as well. Would really enjoy something in Cruwear or similar in a brown or OD green G10.
drexcell

Post by drexcell »

I was fortunate enough to get one of the first ones from Cutlery Shoppe. What a fantastic knife: beautiful, comfortable and a great cutting tool. I can't recommend it highly enough.
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

Would love to have one in lc200n to complement the Spydiechef.
J.Sib84

Post by J.Sib84 »

I just put in for a preorder at knifecenter with a $50 coupon from my knife reward points. $138.50 is a good price and maybe it will stop me from checking several knife vendors throughout the day to see if they are back in stock. Not that often that I get this eager over a knife.

Liquid_Cobra's Instagram sold me on getting this knife. Next I'm going to have to get an amalgam and God help me if he keeps posting subvert pics. I just need to unfollow....
timlara

Post by timlara »

YouTube / Instagram happened. :D

Glad it's selling well.
Tim
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

drexcell wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:06 pm
I was fortunate enough to get one of the first ones from Cutlery Shoppe. What a fantastic knife: beautiful, comfortable and a great cutting tool. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Second that. It's somehow what "knife-gourmets" would like to see in an Endura 5 maybe... ;)