Shaman Sprint ?????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Shaman Sprint ?????

Post by sal »

There is some stuff in-the-works.

sal
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Why do we even ask, haha. We just need a big countdown timer at the top of the forum page "XX days until the next REVEAL" :D
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
lunde

Post by lunde »

I smell… …orange.
sal wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:08 pm
There is some stuff in-the-works.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

lunde wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:26 pm
I smell… …orange.

[/quote]

I hope you smell... Micarta. ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

If it's burnt orange and Rex45 I'm in.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

Pelagic wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:40 pm
I would be all over one of these as well.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

A Shaman Sprint in Rex 45 would be pretty much my ultimate dream for 2019. It seems like too much to hope for, but if the people making the decisions are thinking this way, this would be great! Orange would make it a brother to the Military and PM2 from 2018, which would be quite nice.

And as long as I am dreaming, it would be nice to see some other Shaman options. Something with Micarta and perhaps Cruwear pops into mind right away for some reason. It wouldn't break my heart to see something done with 20CV or CTS-204P either -- so there is my dream sheet.

I guess it wouldn't be remiss to also mention that M4 seems like a steel that would suit this knife well.

I hope to see all of this -- spaced out appropriately so I don't have to choose one over the other.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I hope everyone gets what she or he is dreaming of eventually. For me it's just Micarta, the rougher the better, and I'd have no problem if the steel would remain S30V (but another steel is fine too).
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Foundry81 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:39 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:40 pm
I would be all over one of these as well.

this with DLC! black blade with that burnt orange would be 🔥
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 pm
I hope everyone gets what she or he is dreaming of eventually. For me it's just Micarta, the rougher the better, and I'd have no problem if the steel would remain S30V (but another steel is fine too).
Agree 100% ..well 90-ish maybe, because i'd want the old school Spyderco Micarta, like on the Wayne Goddards.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 am
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 pm
Agree 100% ..well 90-ish maybe, because i'd want the old school Spyderco Micarta, like on the Wayne Goddards.
Could be even rougher Micarta.. Anyway, for me probably no other Spyderco would Micarta suit better than the Shaman (is that correct english?)
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

I like the idea of a hard use folder that is also resistant to corrosion to some extent, so IMO Cruwear and LC200 would be more ideal than 3v/4v. 3v would be awesome on a hard use fix blade where its easy to wipe down and dry off but the extra effort you'll need to maintain that in a folder just doesn't seem intuitive.. as much as I love all my knives I'd want a hard use folder to be able to be occasionally neglected as well.

On a side note, LC200n can take and hold an awesome edge... it truly is an amazing steel and I will literally probably end up buying every single LC200n knife that comes out. From what little experience I've had with it, it seems to perform on a level similar to ZDP or HAP40 and touches up pretty easy too. One thing I would like to find out more about is the toughness of this steel, all I know is that my edges have not chipped yet. Without some sort of drawback though this steel seems almost too good to be true.

edit:grammar
Last edited by youmakemehole on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Burnt Orange with Rex45 would be awesome

OR, if you wanted to be really cool,

Banana Cream Yellow with LC200N would be tops!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Looking forward to the cruwear micarta.....fingers crossed it's in the next reveal!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

If this is Cruwear and canvas micarta it will without a doubt become my most carried knife.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
attila

Post by attila »

youmakemehole wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:23 am
I like the idea of a hard use folder that is also resistant to corrosion to some extent, so IMO Cruwear and LC200 would be more ideal than 3v/4v. 3v would be awesome on a hard use fix blade where its easy to wipe down and dry off but the extra effort you'll need to maintain that in a folder just doesn't seem intuitive.. as much as I love all my knives I'd want a hard use folder to be able to be occasionally neglected as well.

On a side note, LC200n can take and hold an awesome edge... it truly is an amazing steel and I will literally probably end up buying every single LC200n knife that comes out. From what little experience I've had with it, it seems to perform on a level similar to ZDP or HAP40 and touches up pretty easy too. One thing I would like to find out more about is the toughness of this steel, all I know is that my edges have not chipped yet. Without some sort of drawback though this steel seems almost too good to be true.

edit:grammar
I think you'd be surprised by CPM 3V. Due to it's similar composition, it should be about the same in terms of corrosion resistance as CPM Cruwear. They are both surprisingly stain resistant, but will still rust if left dirty and wet.
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 am
If this is Cruwear and canvas micarta it will without a doubt become my most carried knife.
This might be true for me too. It depends on the Shaman design, which I haven't had the pleasure of using yet. Hopefully, we find out sooner rather than later.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
anycal

Post by anycal »

I accepted that I don't need a Shaman. Held it once, liked it, but I felt that it doesn't really offer something I don't already have in other models.

But Cruwear/micarta, and there is 0% chance I am not getting one. Same for REX 45.
Peter
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Rex 45 is ok but man that orange kinda makes me wanna blow chunks lol. I guess I can always dye it or get some scales made. Still rather have the micarta and Cruwear.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

As much love as K390 has been getting recently and since Sal said there is a K390 P4 light weight in the works, would y'all rather see micarta and K390 or micarta and Cruwear like what has been mentioned????

Hamilton
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

hambone56rx wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 pm
As much love as K390 has been getting recently and since Sal said there is a K390 P4 light weight in the works, would y'all rather see micarta and K390 or micarta and Cruwear like what has been mentioned????

Hamilton

K390 was part of the original polls last year and Cruwear won above everything else by leaps and bounds. This knife was made for Cruwear.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red