Great photos of sentimental Spydies, many thanks to each of you.
Here's some late add-on with info about the model.
This is a Mariner "Paramedic" version. Key points:
1. Slab side scales like other early Mariners
2. "Short" back lock
3. Unmarked steel; Paramedics were GIN-1, same gen/unmarked Mariners were AUS 8
4. Absent "Mariner" marking on blade
5. Thin scale opposite the clip side scale, which was full thickness
(Addendum for the Wiki, if anyone wants to update with #6. Lots of older spydies have unlisted variations..)
6. * Most* Paramedics had a smaller lanyard hole, but this one has the large hole.
(Likewise, *most* Mariners had the large lanyard hole, but I have a LH PE with the small hole)