Is my Delica fake?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MountainMan23

Is my Delica fake?

Post by MountainMan23 »

Hey all!
It's been a while since I've posted here, but I have a concern. I recently purchased a Delica 4 Vtoku 2 sprint run secondhand. I noticed that the spot where it says SPYDERCO, and SEKI CITY JAPAN looks a bit off, especially when compared to my other Delica. I've attached pictures of both, via Imgur. The knife seems basically the exact same as my other Delica, aside from steel, handle color, and the lettering there. Could it be fake? Or is this just an error in manufacturing?
Thanks!
http://imgur.com/gallery/LjnJFBY
EDIT: It's been solved, there is another thread that confirmed the legitimacy of the text.
Last edited by MountainMan23 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently searching for: Para 2 Cruwear, Para 3 Cruwear
cycleguy

Re: Is my Delica fake?

Post by cycleguy »

That don't look too good. Here is a pic of the one I picked up from SFO. Your photo washes out the blade; is there a visible line of the laminated steel about an 1/8" up from edge?

CG
Attachments
IMG_0746.JPG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
MountainMan23

Post by MountainMan23 »

cycleguy wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:35 pm
That don't look too good. Here is a pic of the one I picked up from SFO. Your photo washes out the blade; is there a visible line of the laminated steel about an 1/8" up from edge?

CG
There is. I also noticed just now, that compared to my other spyderco boxes, this one includes "Made in Japan" on the side, along with the usual "Knives & Accessories" and "Golden, Colorado, U.S.A."
MountainMan23

Post by MountainMan23 »

cycleguy wrote:

CG
Another thing, does yours say SUS410 or SUS310? I noticed that in the listing on BladeHQ, it says SUS310 (but the pictures show 410).
Last edited by MountainMan23 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It's legit. There's been recent discussion about this. I'm trying to dig up the thread now...

EDIT: See the VTOKU Sprint thread starting with this post.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 5#p1259335
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MountainMan23

Post by MountainMan23 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:38 pm
It's legit. There's been recent discussion about this. I'm trying to dig up the thread now...

EDIT: See the VTOKU Sprint thread starting with this post.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 5#p1259335
Thanks! That makes me feel much better about it.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

MountainMan23 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:04 pm
cycleguy wrote:

CG
Another thing, does yours say SUS410 or SUS310? I noticed that in the listing on BladeHQ, it says SUS310 (but the pictures show 410).
SUS410. Looks like there's more than one of them out there. Was it ever revealed as to why some appear freehand and what percentage are this way??

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!