Do Spyderco Knives Have No Flaws?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dutchman

Re: Do Spyderco Knives Have No Flaws?

Post by Dutchman »

I took this picture of a knife that is around 4,500 years old - bet it did the job just as good as anything today.Image Extra points to anyone who can identify the museum ----
Don't judge me by my shoes.
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

Dutchman wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:37 pm
I took this picture of a knife that is around 4,500 years old - bet it did the job just as good as anything today.Image Extra points to anyone who can identify the museum ----
Well maybe not QUITE as good as anything today, but I'm sure as in the words of Doug Marcaida "it will cut"

I'm gonna go with the Louvre
Last edited by Drahkis on Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchman

Post by Dutchman »

Drahkis wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Dutchman wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:37 pm
I'm gonna go with the Louvre
BINGO!
Don't judge me by my shoes.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Interesting but I don't see any Spydie hole so who cares?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 am
If you can’t show actual use then it is just opinionpieced show and tell for Safe Queens, like some kind of strange art showing.

Yea that's why I stopped taking Nick seriously. His reviews are strictly for office guys that only use a knife to open packages and slice up some food. Their knives are pocket jewelry first and tools second. The funniest thing is reviewers like him call every little bump a "hot spot", but guaranteed they never got a blister from any tool in their life. I don't think they understand what a hot spot really means.
Crux

Post by Crux »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:18 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 am
If you can’t show actual use then it is just opinionpieced show and tell for Safe Queens, like some kind of strange art showing.

Yea that's why I stopped taking Nick seriously. His reviews are strictly for office guys that only use a knife to open packages and slice up some food. Their knives are pocket jewelry first and tools second. The funniest thing is reviewers like him call every little bump a "hot spot", but guaranteed they never got a blister from any tool in their life. I don't think they understand what a hot spot really means.
Sounds like projection since you really don't know the history of any "Safe Queens". I have more knives than I can count and I use several everyday. At the same time I also collect knives, you know, collecting? If I determine I will use a knife that I love I will buy a second one because I love them. (DO NOT repeat this to the Misses!)

When it comes down to the preciseness of amazing knives most people who have a lot of experience with them totally understand what a hot/sweet spot is. Or, I could be full of ****. It all depends on the beer. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Crux wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Sounds like projection since you really don't know the history of any "Safe Queens". I have more knives than I can count and I use several everyday. At the same time I also collect knives, you know, collecting?

Not projection at all. He makes videos. He would at least talk about using the knives for something other than envelopes and apples if he did it. As far as collecting, that's about as far from using a knife as a reviewer can get. So my point still stands. His channel is more for pocket jewelry collectors than users. How smooth a knife is, or "fall-shuttyness" (his term), means more than how stout a blade tip is, for instance. He reviews knives like people review designer clothes or purses.

I completely respect his reviews of safe queens like the Grimsmo Norseman. He's great for that. But for cheap users like the $25 Buck Vantage review he uploaded yesterday, it's nearly useless to watch it.