Experiences with walmart.com's Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DieYuppieScum91

Experiences with walmart.com's Spyderco?

Post by DieYuppieScum91 »

Hey, new to the forum here and new to Spyderco knives. I just got a Chaparral in the Raffir Noble scales, which I ordered through walmart and had it shipped to the store. While I was browsing some of the other listings, I noticed some problems with images. Their PM2 listing shows what seems to be a PM2 but is completely devoid of any blade markings. The Blue FRCP Manix 2 LW listing shows a regular Manix 2 with Blue G10. My Chaparral is very much real, and I know that walmart has always had a problem with their pictures not matching the merchandise, so I was just wondering if anyone on here has more experience ordering through walmart and whether or not I should be concerned about fakes.
(I used walmart because I live in an area devoid of reputable sellers and in an apartment where leaving packages on the doorstep is a terrible idea)
The Meat man

Re: Experiences with walmart.com's Spyderco?

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum DieYuppieScum91.

I've never ordered a Spyderco through Wal-Mart, but I haven't heard any complaints here about it either.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
DieYuppieScum91

I suppose I'll just go ahead and order the PM2. It's sold and shipped by Walmart, so if anything is wrong, I can always just return it at the local store. I'll update with results once it comes in.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I’m interested in the Green Endura that the item name doesn’t contain ZDP but the description is ZDP. At 120$, would it be true?

I’m asking friend to order when in US but will only know when it’s brought back here (he’s non knife person). Will Walmart make it right if there’s problem? Any counterfeit sold unknowingly? I know there’s bunch of fake Chinese BRG ZDP counterfeit.
Chris :spyder:
PStone

Post by PStone »

I have purchased a few spydie a from Walmart with no issues at all. Most recently a lil temp 3 earlier this month. The best advice I can give, is to make sure that Walmart is the retailer. Mainly because of their return policy. The 3rd party retailers have their own policies and sometimes charge a restock fee. Plus you have to ship them back. If Walmart is the retailer, you can simply return to the store with little to no hassle if there is an issue.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

anagarika wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:34 am
I’m interested in the Green Endura that the item name doesn’t contain ZDP but the description is ZDP. At 120$, would it be true?

I’m asking friend to order when in US but will only know when it’s brought back here (he’s non knife person). Will Walmart make it right if there’s problem? Any counterfeit sold unknowingly? I know there’s bunch of fake Chinese BRG ZDP counterfeit.
The ZDP Endura is the same price at most other on line retailers:

https://www.knifeworks.com/spyderco-end ... -edge.html

I'd just buy it from an authorized dealer. You're not saving any money using Walmart.com.
DieYuppieScum91

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 am
anagarika wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:34 am

The ZDP Endura is the same price at most other on line retailers:

https://www.knifeworks.com/spyderco-end ... -edge.html

I'd just buy it from an authorized dealer. You're not saving any money using Walmart.com.
Not everyone has the option of an authorized dealer. For me, it's not the money, it's the convenience and peace of mind knowing that my package won't disappear from my apartment doorstep while I'm at work.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum. One concern I would have is this: Can we be sure that Walmart-sold Spyderco knives are genuine and not counterfeits? There has been a problem with Amazon and Ebay for some people regarding this.
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

Walmart is so big I would think they are buying direct from Spyderco or a well known Spyderco distribution center.
PineChaos

Post by PineChaos »

They have the same issues as Amazon with counterfeit customer returns that get re-sold. Mismatched photos and information. They also tend to ship them in mailers instead of boxes, which FedEx proceeds to drop kick from the warehouse to your doorstep. Not worth it, buy from someone who knows how to sell and ship knives.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I work for walmart so I get a 10% discount. I've bought many from there and pick up in store. I've found if you look at the listing closely you can figure out what it's for even if the picture is wrong. It's also very easy to return if there's a problem with it.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
kwselke

Post by kwselke »

Over the last two years I've made three knife related orders from Walmart.com with free shipping to my home. One was a serrated edge Ladybug, another was a Sharpmaker, and the third was a Kershaw Leek. All three were delivered as promised and the products were genuine. I use ship to store if there is a discount for pickup or if I'm not buying enough to get free shipping. They will ask me to check the product before accepting it. My credit card is not charged until I accept the order. If the order is not picked up within 14 days of the store receiving it the order is canceled and your credit card is not charged. I have no issues ordering from Walmart.com and get a 3% discount for using my Walmart credit card. I also make sure the product are actually being sold and delivered by Walmart and not a third party 'partner'.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've never had any issues with their knives.

Product photos don't always match descriptions, so be careful there. Return policy ia great though, in case something does happen.

A lot of stores will price match wal-mart. I do this whenever I buy a knife from Cabelas so I can get it for a more reasonable price. They have internet knife shop prices but are considered a brick and mortar store when it comes to price matches.

That's walmarts most useful feature for this knife buyer.
:unicorn
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Walmart will sometimes sell the Tenacious, one of my favorites, for under $30 on sale. That is a killer deal on a great gift/beater knife!
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

I have ordered knives from Walmart and their third party sellers. Just make sure to check the manufactures part number in the listing because, as you said, the pictures are sometimes incorrect. I have always received the correct items.
DieYuppieScum91

Snapchat-942540262.jpg
UPDATE: It came in today and it would appear that I'm the owner of a very real PM2. Hardware is right, foam is right, clip position is right, area around the compression lock seems relatively smooth. Everything that YouTube told me to look at seems correct. And they allowed me to check it before signing for it. Really can't complain.