Will the playing field be leveled?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
snoops_and_poops

Will the playing field be leveled?

Post by snoops_and_poops »

I apologize if this question has been asked before, please delete if that's the case. I searched and drowned in results, but wasn't able to find my answer(or missed it).

With Benchmade offering upgraded Griptilian models with cpm 20cv blade steel, and Zero Tolerance upgrading to 20cv as well, will we see the Golden Colorado models offered with 20cv or 204p, outside of small batch exclusives? A regular offering, even if knifeworks had the rights to sell a 204p PM2 exclusively, but with much larger batches and less time between them, would make a lot of us very happy. The same idea with the DLT 20cv PM2. Just having the security of knowing I can use my knife, without being terrified of losing it, since it could be a year or more before I can buy another(if ever). Being forced to buy on the secondary market makes me reconsider buying these knives in the first place.

Speaking of the secondary market, a regular offering would drop the insane prices people are charging. S110v is great and all, but 20cv/204p are becoming very desirable for real knife users and looks to be the replacement for s30v in the future.

Is there a chance Sal? At $150 average for the exclusive PM2 runs in these steels, Spyderco is the clear winner in price. Add to that the supreme ergonomics and this seems like a beneficial sales move. Maybe a test run with PM2 and Para 3 models?