Phoenix rising

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderfly

Re: Phoenix rising

Post by spyderfly »

Tims wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:51 pm
Thanks for the pics Spyderfly, they sure are pretty lookin’

Are they 2 different sizes or is it the angle of the photo?

What are the scales made of?
They are the same size, the white one is the original on the other one i made some ivory scales.
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

This is one I regret not getting. I seem to recall some reports of it not being really comfortable in the hand, hotspots or something. I held off...

I'd love another run of these...and a Dark Phoenix would be cool.

Grizz
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

The wog is a bit superior IMHO, and this class of knife is basically my favorite. Flipping them is sooooooo buttery smooth, and they are this special class of spyderco that harks back to prehistoric predators mixed with formula cars. This age of BBL was an excellent time to be an AFI. The Wog ended up reigning supreme in my pocket in the end, as the clip and ergos were just a bit more sleek, but the Phoenix is a solid model. I only say this because Wogs can be found a bit easier, although neither is usually found cheap.

If Spyderco did magnets anymore, they would have gotten my new introvert design which is basically a shout out to the Phoenix and the Wog. Maybe once credit cards all go chip, the magnets wont be a problem, and Sal and Eric (and Peter) will reconsider the option.

If you do get a Phoenix, you may want to investigate breaking some of the corners a bit past factory. It can change a lot about that one.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

So happy i found my Phoenix BNIB

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Beautiful knife. Didn't use mine much so I traded it off to a very nice Aussie :D
archangel

Post by archangel »

Looks like it offers a very short cutting edge in relation to a rather long handle.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...