Tanto PM2 Support Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rinzler

Re: Tanto PM2 Support Thread

Post by Rinzler »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm
I am personally not interested in Tanto blades generally, but who you are awaiting the Tanto PM2:

Watch the vid https://youtu.be/FH4Reaq ... e=youtu.be(thanks Spydergirl for posting!) starting at about 18:30... seems like the wait will be over soon :rolleyes:

(And I have to admit: This things looks great and one can see how many thoughts went into it..)

Thanks for sharing that. The tanto PM2 looks great!
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

The one in that video is awesome. Has swayed me on getting a tanto. Definitely want one.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
cwoods

Post by cwoods »

Sweet! Looking forward to this one.
PM2 52100; PM2 K390; Para 3 Rex 45; Stretch 2 V-Toku2
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

This looks awesome!!!!

Hamilton
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

BladeHQ announced this will be a BladeHQ Exclusive.

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Where can we see it?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

AlexRus wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Where can we see it?
They made the announcement during a live stream on instagram. The video playback should still be viewable, but only for the next 24 hours or so.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 pm
AlexRus wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Where can we see it?
They made the announcement during a live stream on instagram. The video playback should still be viewable, but only for the next 24 hours or so.
Thanks! 👍
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

So, everyone who wants a tanto pm2 is screwed if they cant get in on the exclusive? No standard production version?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I don't own any PM2's. Hopefully Spyderco makes this Tanto PM2 a part of the regular product line. I really like it and would hate to miss out.

As I said elsewhere, I hope that Spyderco considers making a larger Tanto knife following in the design of the Tanto PM2. That is really a sexy blade! I just want something the size of a Jumpmaster 2 or larger to have and hold.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm glad BHQ is doing it! Will be a cool test case. The more Paras the better, but I'll be skipping this one. More power to you if you love Tantos, but they just aren't as useful for me.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Rinzler wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm
I am personally not interested in Tanto blades generally, but who you are awaiting the Tanto PM2:

Watch the vid https://youtu.be/FH4Reaq ... e=youtu.be(thanks Spydergirl for posting!) starting at about 18:30... seems like the wait will be over soon :rolleyes:

(And I have to admit: This things looks great and one can see how many thoughts went into it..)

Thanks for sharing that. The tanto PM2 looks great!

You´re welcome, but it was Spydergirl who posted the vid (in another thread) first.. / and, yes, the Tanto PM2 does look great! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:

Does that necessarely mean the Tanto PM 2 generally will only be available once and as an BHQ Exclusive?!

Probably if it sells well, it could make it into regular production?!

(Can´t believe how intrigued I suddenly can get by a) a Tantoblade and b) a(nother) PM2... but this design is fascinating and maybe more usefull than I would have thought. And the stronger tip on a knife like the PM2 is indeed a plus for me personally)
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Ah, as a BHQ exclusive. That's particularly interesting, as this allows Spyderco to share some of the risk by doing a smaller exclusive run.

Hopefully we'll be able to buy it soon!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mushroom wrote: BladeHQ announced this will be a BladeHQ Exclusive.

Well crapola. This tanto will go the way of the dodo for me then. As in I won’t be able to get one. Will def try though. Fingers crossed it lasts longer than 5 mins.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

PStone wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:37 am

Well crapola. This tanto will go the way of the dodo for me then. As in I won’t be able to get one. Will def try though. Fingers crossed it lasts longer than 5 mins.

But wouldn't it be crazy to put all the work, time and effort in designing the Tanto Blade for just ONE run of Exclusives? I mean that's something different than "just" taking another steel or change the handle color on a regular PM2...

I think there are more Tanto PM2s to come...
PStone

Post by PStone »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 am
PStone wrote:

But wouldn't it be crazy to put all the work, time and effort in designing the Tanto Blade for just ONE run of Exclusives? I mean that's something different than "just" taking another steel or change the handle color on a regular PM2...

I like the way you’re thinking! But wouldn’t that also mean that BHQ owns the rights to a black/s30v tanto?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 am
PStone wrote:

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I have a feeling this won't be a limited exclusive, but will just be exclusively available through BladeHQ.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 am

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I have a feeling this won't be a limited exclusive, but will just be exclusively available through BladeHQ.
Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Like Warstein posted earlier, this model was announced year ago, so it has some research and development, it would be kinda silly just to make only 600 of them....

Not my style, but I granted it to people who want some beefy blade grinds.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Went back to the first page - this was introduced last year. Glad we're close to seeing it live!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!