My 2019 Ladybug Hawkbill Salt project...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
markg

My 2019 Ladybug Hawkbill Salt project...

Post by markg »

I am on a Ladybug kick. I have had one for years, got one early on in the 90's but never used it. Just got it because I thought it was "cute." Then around 2008 I got a SS handled model and wondered just what could you do with one, so I rolled with one for awhile and honestly was surprised at the amount of work you could do. Granted not my first choice for MBC (even second or third... You get the point) but I normally run two knives one being a small knife for utility and common cutting chores. The Ladybug handed that nicely. Then I got a Manbug, because I am a man and that seemed natural. I like it but it seems, or it looks, kinda off to me. I still use it, but honestly prefer the Ladybug...

Well I got a new Ladybug and was going to put it on the key chain and work it. I have come to love knives on my key ring and was going that route. Looking into ways to attach the knife (where it could be detached) I have decided to go with a sheath on the key ring. My sheath maker could make me sheath for the Hawkbill Ladybug (had them in stock) or I could send in the regular one and have one made.

So I ordered the Hawkbill...

So I am having two sheaths made. One for the key ring and one for neck carry. I will be seeing how this goes. I know I will end up getting another knife so I have one for each sheath.

I have got to say, I have had a few hawkbills over the years but I never actually used one. I have been using this one and it works way better than I imagined. A dream on clam shell packaging, the tip cuts like a hobby knife... And on this size knife it is a natural. I have had a dozen or more SALT knives over the year. They have been carried a lot but never cut stuff, so this is my first using with H1.

I will see how this goes and will report back my observations. Should be fun.

Oh and I see a Manbug Rescue in my future too.
SG89

Re: My 2019 Ladybug Hawkbill Salt project...

Post by SG89 »

I love the Ladybug hawkbill and the dragonfly hawkbill. Such great knives.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
araneae

Post by araneae »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 pm
Agreed
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

araneae wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 pm
Agreed
+1
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
markg

Post by markg »

I may have to look at the Hawkbill Dragonfly...