Aftermarket Military CQI Scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
crazywednesday

Aftermarket Military CQI Scales

Post by crazywednesday »

I have had the hardest time finding any. The closest so far is from aramis_akhmedov, and I'm not a fan. Anyone got a line on some scales for the military cause?
Justin
bagsnatcher

Re: Aftermarket Military CQI Scales

Post by bagsnatcher »

crazywednesday wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:07 pm
[...]The closest so far is from aramis_akhmedov, and I'm not a fan [...]
I am interested in his stuff as well. Is it not quality work? Pics look pretty darn good. Please share any kind of information ...

Ripp's Garage Tech is legit (on the WWW). So is RC Bladeworks (on IG and FB).
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

bagsnatcher wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:11 pm
crazywednesday wrote:
I am interested in his stuff as well. Is it not quality work? Pics look pretty darn good. Please share any kind of information ...

His work looks good, I'm just not a fan of the creative liberties he took in his design. Both of your suggestions look good, but I don't see any Military CQI scales.
Justin
funghiman

Post by funghiman »

BladeHQ have some Allen Putman G-10 scales for Military in stock right now.
<https://www.bladehq.com/?search=allen+putman+military>

This style is as close as to stock scales that I can find readily available.
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

BOOMER52 over at blade forums is going some amazing things https://flic.kr/p/2dBpGG6
Chris_P_Bacon

Post by Chris_P_Bacon »

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wor ... y.1630257/

bout time someone did a professional looking tip up military, instead of a jerry rigged version.
now, if we can just get a compression lock version pm2xl, bud-a-bing
Currently have 163 :spyder: 's & 41 different steels.
Bench Stones Atoma Diamond Plate 140,400,600,1200. Naniwa Chosera 400,800,1000,3000,5000.
Shapton Glass 1000,6000. Suehiro Rika 5000. Shapton Pro 320,1000,2000,5000,8000.
Naniwa Bonded Diamond 400,600,800,1000,3000,6000. Venev Gen2 OCB Combo Diamond 800/1200.
Spyderco 306UF, 306CBN. Doublestuff2 303FCBN2, & 204MF Sharpmaker w/204CBN for Spidie Edges.
Want List Steels 15V, S125V, K490, M398, Magnacut, S390, SRS-15, Vanadis 8, Vanax SC, Vancron SC,
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

bagsnatcher wrote:
crazywednesday wrote:
I have his scales. They are first rate, in terms of quality. I was nervous buying them because of his location and poor english, but the transaction was smooth and the scales are top notch.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:30 pm
now, if we can just get a compression lock version pm2xl, bud-a-bing
bud a boom
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 pm
BOOMER52 over at blade forums is going some amazing things https://flic.kr/p/2dBpGG6
I'm going to buy a couple of knives just so I can put some of his work on them.

Spoke to him a few weeks ago.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

I put these carbon fiber scales on my CQI Military CPM S110V
😎

basedlarrydavid

Post by basedlarrydavid »

crazywednesday wrote:
I have had the hardest time finding any. The closest so far is from aramis_akhmedov, and I'm not a fan. Anyone got a line on some scales for the military cause?
I’ve been looking for military scales myself. I like what Aramis does with the PM2 scales (especially the Grand Line he offers), but I don’t like the military scales either. I talked to someone who bought from him a few times and he seems to think that Aramis would make a version of the PM2 scales for the Military. I’m going to reach out and ask. If enough of us want some, I could ask if we could get a deal on a bulk order.
More K390 and 10V, please.

Instagram: @ohioapexing
ferider

Post by ferider »

I LOVE the Aramis scales. The "creative liberties" as you say, IMO, make the knife a better knife.

Better blade to handle ratio (the closed knife is 1/4" shorter), and more robust (additional standoff instead of lanyard hole, and a strong back-spacer).

Shipping from Russia takes long, is the only downside, IMO. The above are my first. I have 3 more pairs coming as we speak, two of them to carry the knives with no clip at all - which is ideal for me.

Roland.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

ferider wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:31 am
I LOVE the Aramis scales. The "creative liberties" as you say, IMO, make the knife a better knife.

Better blade to handle ratio (the closed knife is 1/4" shorter), and more robust (additional standoff instead of lanyard hole, and a strong back-spacer).

Shipping from Russia takes long, is the only downside, IMO. The above are my first. I have 3 more pairs coming as we speak, two of them to carry the knives with no clip at all - which is ideal for me.

Roland.

Those scales are beautiful Roland. If I may ask, how much do those kinds of aftermarket scales cost?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

basedlarrydavid wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:33 am
crazywednesday wrote:
I’ve been looking for military scales myself. I like what Aramis does with the PM2 scales (especially the Grand Line he offers), but I don’t like the military scales either. I talked to someone who bought from him a few times and he seems to think that Aramis would make a version of the PM2 scales for the Military. I’m going to reach out and ask. If enough of us want some, I could ask if we could get a deal on a bulk order.
Sounds interesting...
I should call Aramis and ask him if he's planning on PM2 version of Military scales
🤔
ferider

Post by ferider »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 am
Those scales are beautiful Roland. If I may ask, how much do those kinds of aftermarket scales cost?
See ebay item 253899037731, Conor. Price depends on materials of scales and backspacer. You can ask Aramis for custom requests, he is very accessible via email. Thanks,

Roland.
basedlarrydavid

Post by basedlarrydavid »

ferider wrote:

Roland.
I’ve never seen these from this angle. I actually like those quote a bit. Which are they?
Sounds interesting...
I should call Aramis and ask him if he's planning on PM2 version of Military scales
It was explained to me that he would do a one-off if requested (probably wouldn’t be cheap). I haven’t asked Aramis, so that could be incorrect.

If you have a pre-existing relationship with him, hit him up and please do let me know. If I could get some really interesting CF scales in a tip down configuration, I’d be happy.
More K390 and 10V, please.

Instagram: @ohioapexing
ferider

Post by ferider »

basedlarrydavid wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:31 am
I’ve never seen these from this angle. I actually like those quote a bit. Which are they?
These are CF "Swift" scales. One-offs are not crazy expensive, as I asked for one-off SWIFT scales with no clip (no clip "inlet" and no clip screws), and price was comparable to the scales on ebay. Check by email, I recommend.

Roland.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

ferider wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:28 am
The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 am
See ebay item 253899037731, Conor. Price depends on materials of scales and backspacer. You can ask Aramis for custom requests, he is very accessible via email. Thanks,

Roland.

Thanks!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

bagsnatcher wrote:
crazywednesday wrote:

Try this place: https://bladescales.com
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

ferider wrote:
Your photo is going to make me order that set for my 204p Mili.