Dear Sal: Roc Salt?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SchizoidHorse9

Dear Sal: Roc Salt?

Post by SchizoidHorse9 »

I posted this in the Spyderco FB group, but I thought it might be worth mentioning here, if only to get Sal's attention...

I would love to see a Roc Sprint Run in LC200N with titanium scales. Maybe a kind of a step sibling of the Spydiechef? It would be nice to have a line of folding kitchen knives, and the Roc feels like a natural fit. The cleaver blade shape seems like the next logical step in the family to me, even if it's not a direct Spydiechef model.
Current Spydies:

Blurple S110v PM2, KW Green CTS-204p PM2, DLT Tan Satin 20cv PM2, DLT Red m390 PM2, BBS Blue Satin m390 PM2, DLT Red 20cv Manix2, BHQ Jade M4 Military, BHQ Jade M4 Yojimbo2, BHQ Jade M4 Native5, St. Nick's Red DLC 4v Lil Native Compression, Carbon Fiber s90v Shaman Sprint, LC200n Waterway, Blue-Gray V-Toku2 Endura Sprint, Purple Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Spydiechef, Ikuchi, Smock, Gayle Bradley 2, Sheepsfoot Caribbean PE, Dogtag Carbon Fiber, Red Check Tenacious, Cara Cara 2.
sal

Re: Dear Sal: Roc Salt?

Post by sal »

Hi SchizoidHorse,

Welcome to our forum.

I don't have a face book account. I monitor a few forums.

A Roc in LC is not likely. The maker of the Roc has no experience with the steel. As you spend more time here, you'll learn what we can do and what is not likely.

sal
SchizoidHorse9

Post by SchizoidHorse9 »

Hi Sal, thanks for the reply,

I'm a long time lurker of the forum, and mostly wanted to just get the idea out there. I understand that Seki isn't necessarily equipped for the job, I'd be totally cool with a Roc2 or a new cleaver shaped blade design in LC200N. I'm actually fully onboard for a new design, ideally with a larger blade. Perhaps a Spydiechef 3? (Assuming that the Chef 2 is something in the pipeline) I just like the idea of a folding cleaver blade that is great for on the go food prep. I think I'm far from the only one.
Current Spydies:

Blurple S110v PM2, KW Green CTS-204p PM2, DLT Tan Satin 20cv PM2, DLT Red m390 PM2, BBS Blue Satin m390 PM2, DLT Red 20cv Manix2, BHQ Jade M4 Military, BHQ Jade M4 Yojimbo2, BHQ Jade M4 Native5, St. Nick's Red DLC 4v Lil Native Compression, Carbon Fiber s90v Shaman Sprint, LC200n Waterway, Blue-Gray V-Toku2 Endura Sprint, Purple Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Spydiechef, Ikuchi, Smock, Gayle Bradley 2, Sheepsfoot Caribbean PE, Dogtag Carbon Fiber, Red Check Tenacious, Cara Cara 2.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Not to be confused with the already been released Rock Salt, a fixed blade, Ed Schempp design in H1.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
triangle_man

Post by triangle_man »

Since it's made in Japan, how about a salt version of it with H1?