The Endela - what are your hopes for it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: The Endela - what are your hopes for it?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Wow never thought about the clone issue I guess it is a really bad problem though Sal has brought it up more than once.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:26 am
Wow never thought about the clone issue I guess it is a really bad problem though Sal has brought it up more than once.
I before all did never assume, that they could clone models so very close to their first release. But under that circumstances it really makes sense to hold back pics and detailled info as long as possible, for in the first time period after the release interest and sales will be very high. So clone-producers will try to get their share especially then. Really makes me angry somehow.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I don't know what is scarier the way you just wrote that or that I actually understood it perfectly :)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:48 am
I don't know what is scarier the way you just wrote that or that I actually understood it perfectly :)
You mean you understood perfectly:

a) my funny English
b) that it makes me angry
c) what I wanted to express

;) ;) ;)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

a) First and foremost.
b and c as well.

I think it is wonderful that anyone can use more than one language.

I have an old friend who is 91 he originally came from Italy as a boy. He says till this very day he thinks in Italian and then translates to American English. He has also told me that when he forms his words it takes a bit to get them just right as his mouth and tongue want to follow the Italian ways and rules of grammar and syntax and swears it is due not only to environment but heredity.

I think there might be something to this. Having a large amount of German Ancestry I can follow people using American English who's original language is Germanic without problems and even comprehend some of the German words without knowing the language.

A client of mine is a 91 year old German from Germany and love hanging out with him always feels like being around my own people. Strange but true. We have the same humor and just get each other even the funny English :)

I also love hearing him converse with other old Germans as he calls them. The language just sounds right, feels right and satisfying to my heart even though I do not comprehend it, yet on some level I do just not clearly.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am
a) First and foremost.
b and c as well.

I think it is wonderful that anyone can use more than one language.

I have an old friend who is 91 he originally came from Italy as a boy. He says till this very day he thinks in Italian and then translates to American English. He has also told me that when he forms his words it takes a bit to get them just right as his mouth and tongue want to follow the Italian ways and rules of grammar and syntax and swears it is due not only to environment but heredity.

I think there might be something to this. Having a large amount of German Ancestry I can follow people using American English who's original language is Germanic without problems and even comprehend some of the German words without knowing the language.

A client of mine is a 91 year old German from Germany and love hanging out with him always feels like being around my own people. Strange but true. We have the same humor and just get each other even the funny English :)

I also love hearing him converse with other old Germans as he calls them. The language just sounds right, feels right and satisfying to my heart even though I do not comprehend it, yet on some level I do just not clearly.
:)
Actually I hesitated to participate here for quite some time, cause I assumed my English would not be sufficient.
But it works out quite well, and I am gratefull to be able to join the discussions on this forum in a language that is not my native tongue.
If unintentionally I can contribute some funny elements that's just all the better, as long as people still get what I want to say ;)

Probably you're aware of that anyway: Being Austrian, my native language actually IS German, but a dialect many residents of actual Germany can hardly understand.
sal

Post by sal »

I began talking about the Endela before we began the "Reveal" program or there would not have been a mention.

On the Subvert copy, it's sad. I believe he thinks he got a real one? They may have purchased one of the custom pieces from the maker? Challenging for sure. From our point of view, it's easy to understand why our Government is trying to get China to adjust their behavior.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

sal wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:25 am
I began talking about the Endela before we began the "Reveal" program or there would not have been a mention.

sal
Glad you mentioned it anyway, for I like that kind of anticipation I am feeling since you did... ;)
Any perspective when the Endela will be released?!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

sal wrote:

On the Subvert copy, it's sad. I believe he thinks he got a real one? They may have purchased one of the custom pieces from the maker? Challenging for sure. From our point of view, it's easy to understand why our Government is trying to get China to adjust their behavior.

sal
I agree but hold little hope for china as a country to adjust it's behavior when there are so many examples of how their corporations operate.

Sal is the Reveal Program in place partly to protect the intellectual property of Spyderco before it goes to manufacture? If so I can appreciate that as a good reason. I have never had a Spyderco that was anything less than wonderfully manufactured with great fit and finish.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:40 am
sal wrote:

sal
I agree but hold little hope for china as a country to adjust it's behavior when there are so many examples of how their corporations operate.

Sal is the Reveal Program in place partly to protect the intellectual property of Spyderco before it goes to manufacture? If so I can appreciate that as a good reason. I have never had a Spyderco that was anything less than wonderfully manufactured with great fit and finish and that does not happen by mistake.
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

I don't have a bunch of expectations or hopes...just excited to see a new knife!
sal

Post by sal »

sal wrote:

sal

Sal is the Reveal Program in place partly to protect the intellectual property of Spyderco before it goes to manufacture? If so I can appreciate that as a good reason. I have never had a Spyderco that was anything less than wonderfully manufactured with great fit and finish.

Hi Doeswhatever,

Yes, that's part of the reason. They are just thieves.

sal
Doeswhateveraspidercan

sal wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:01 pm
sal wrote:

sal

Hi Doeswhatever,

sal
Thank you for such a direct honest answer. This I respect as do others I am certain. When I think of Spyderco I think of Stand up people and the kind I would love to work for and with.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

sal wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:01 pm
sal wrote:

sal

Hi Doeswhatever,

sal
Yes, that´s all they are. And as stated above: Makes me really angry.