eBay selling

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: eBay selling

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

You presented what you had to say with concern for the forum and respect for me. I appreciate that.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

As far as shipping goes, I only use priority flat rate. Customers are always happy with the quick shipping it provides. If only using ebay, charge for it($7.20) if on Bladeforums it is part of what I'm asking.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Shipping is not a big issue. But I have bought and sold on ebay extensively since 2001 with 100% feedback and I can say I've always charged a flat rate and always preferred knowing the rate up front.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Thank you. May I ask how you deal with less popular items like the Hungarian as compared to a Bento Box Shop M390 run? I am trying to be careful here so please guys don't give me a hard time on models okay?

I am selling in order to buy some of the newer models that are out and coming out.

Thanks.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I know ebay and sharpening, but not spyderco knives as much. Trust me, I know spyderco pretty well, but not around these parts. I have to pass and let someone more knowledgeable answer.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Thank you I have learned from you.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Funny this thread show up...

I just had my first auction as a seller on Ebay and it went fairly well. I put up a new in box Mule Team 25 LC200N that I bought directly from Spyderco
last year. I paid roughly 60 to 70 dollars, and the final bid ended at 132.00 dollars. After 3 dollars of shipping, another 3 dollars to Ebay for the final listing price, and Paypal charges a 1% fee for instant transfers. You make out fairly alright, however, I am still unable to get my money transferred...
and I got an email from Paypal yesterday morning saying my funds were available. :rolleyes: Technology what can you do, I'm sure I will get it eventually.

As to your question of what to list, and at what price. Pretty much what everyone is saying here is on point, if you have an exclusive / sprint of a popular model with the box and all the paperwork you will get a good return. Even if you list it at $0.01 it will almost guarantee go over MSRP just because of the rarity / demand. Even used Spyderco's without the box can net you a descent return, but maybe a slight loss in profit which depending on the use is really not that bad. Going back to rarity, Para 3s from River Edge are still selling for over 300 bucks and they were only... 139 - 149 on release. Plus don't even get me started on the Slysz Bowie... (release 300, bidding prices 450 to over 500).
Just be sure to do your homework, see what knives are selling and for what price. I've noticed there is a lack of Spydiechefs on the market, and even used models are selling for over MSRP but not by too much.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Fellow forum members thank you for your advice. I have decided to just stick with ebay for now, so far I have sold several knives in the last few days using Buy it now with a fixed price and allowing offers. I decided to stick with Priority shipping as I always like it even for a few dollars more when I get my purchases swifter and it looks like my buyers have as well.

I left a few on auction but chickened out and started the auctions with the price I am willing to part with so we will see what happens there.