2019 New Product Reveal!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: 2019 New Product Reveal!

Post by Wartstein »

... no Endela.. :(
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

crazywednesday wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm
Which of the products in the reveal are sprints and which are production?

Only the Meerkat is a sprint. It’s listed under the name.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Wharnie Endura will replace the Pacific Salts in my back pocket... most of the time. ;)
- best wishes, Jazz.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 pm
crazywednesday wrote:

Only the Meerkat is a sprint. It’s listed under the name.
Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that.
Justin
vivi

Post by vivi »

Jazz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm
Wharnie Endura will replace the Pacific Salts in my back pocket... most of the time. ;)
I'd be there with you if they used Pacific Salt handles.
:unicorn
agony

Post by agony »

Oh my, a Para 3 with a wire clip??? Yes please!
And the wharnie Endura will be mine too!
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm
Wow, mind blown! :eek: Love that they went with the deep carry wire clip!! Too early to ask for the inevitable LC200N Salt version? That will sell like mad. Going to need someone to do a Cruwear exclusive as well. :D

Very cool. Well done!
I was thinking the same thing. Based on the Native 5 LW standard variations (S30V, S110V, LC200N), I'm wondering if we'll see the dark blue FRN S110V version or the bright yellow LC200N Salt version first.

If I'm doing my math right this will sell for $91 MAP? That's going to give the Manix 2 LW some serious competition. I really like the deep carry wire clip on this LW FRN version! Thank you Sal and whomever else was involved in making that decision!

I wonder how far out we now are from the Sage 5 FRN LW that Sal has mentioned. Does the blade steel on this Para 3 LW mean we'll soon see BD1N in the Manix 2 LW?
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:53 pm
http://catalog.spyderco.com/reveal

Para 3 Lightweight! I must have this knife ASAP!
I felt the same way, I was really taken by surprise when I saw this model... The only reason I don't have a para 3 already is because when I look at the price I think "why not get another pm2". Now this will definitely convince me, I'm excited for more lightweight para 3s!
sal

Post by sal »

So I guess the new Reveal might be a good thing? The staff worked really hard to come up with this program.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 am
So I guess the new Reveal might be a good thing? The staff worked really hard to come up with this program.

sal

Very cool. Love them being dropped on us like this with high quality photos and details. Great stuff Sal.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

I wasn't really sure what to expect, this definitely exceeded my expectations, very cool.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

sal wrote:

sal
Yes, definitely. This format is better than what I expected - I was thinking it would be like a Spyderco Byte, one knife at a time. But this was more exciting, like a mini mid year catalog, presumably released more frequently. This seems to be a good way to keep people talking about new Spydercos throughout the year, with more focus on the particular knives that are soon to be released. :spyder:

I definitely prefer this to just suddenly seeing a new product announcement via online retailer, which is how I found out about new models this year for some other knife companies. :rolleyes:
fixall

Post by fixall »

I wasn't so sure at first... But after seeing the execution, I'm completely on board with the new way of doing the product reveals.

I am really excited about the Para 3 LW! It's one of those knives I didn't know I wanted to be made... But after seeing it, I have to have one. The Spyderco deep carry, wire clip is my favorite clip style so I'm very happy to see that on there too.

Here's hoping for the fantastic release that leads to some sprint runs with fun steel and color options!
Ric

Post by Ric »

Yes, it's a good approach.
Mixture of products which get to the customers in a "short" time.

As always more information is appreciated.

Para 3 LW - other colors planned?
LC200N planned?

What's the idea behind Gauntlet?
An addition to the Sharpmaker or more an entry SM?

Anyway, Sal, thanks for delivering more great products.
olywa

Post by olywa »

Love the new Reveal strategy Sal. Just curious, what timeframe are you shooting for between Reveal and available for purchase? I'm eager to get my hands on that Para3LW that I didn't know I wanted.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
I posted this on facebook so some of you may have already seen it, but I think it'll be helpful here too.

ETA... everyone wants to know, right? With our new process, our intent is that everything in this Reveal will be available within the next 90-120 days.
This is not the only Reveal that you'll see this year. Our goal and expectation is that everything in this Reveal will ship before we launch the next Reveal.

This is a big change for us (and for you). We absolutely are aware of that. We know this year will be one of transition and we're willing to say that there might be a bump or two along the way (transitions usually come with a few inherent challenges) but we're really excited to be able to offer our new Reveal program and to have you along with us for the journey.

Kristi
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

sal wrote:

sal
Very nice. I like it Sal! Thanks to your hard working team.
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

sal wrote:

sal

Love it, Sal. Let the team know they did a great job.

I'm like Brian, I don't like new products popping up on the big knife selling sites without any notice, and this new process keeps us excited on a regular basis versus a once a year catalog.

Let's see how it all goes, but an enhancement might be to release the reveal on the first day one of the new products is leaving the Spyderco warehouse in route to distributors. This could serve to reduce the lag between reveal and purchasing at least some of the products. But, since this is so new, maybe that is what is happening behind the scenes. I suspect that it is based on what you've said about the Gauntlet.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

sal wrote:

sal

The mini-catalog looks great, and maybe I'm just writing this because I've had a Respect Bowie on order for 13 months now, but I suspect that the question of whether this is a good thing or not will come down to how soon the "revealed" products actually arrive at dealers.

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Interesting that the reveal image of the para 3 lw shows a torx stop pin instead of a pinned stop pin like on the g10 version.
Also thank you for moving the clip placement to allow for deep carry on the para 3 lw

Attaching the stop pin with screws, rather than letting it float like the G-10 version's, might be needed to add extra rigidity to the FRN handle.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
araneae

Post by araneae »

crazywednesday wrote:
Meerkat would probably be the only sprint.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal