Dynamic Duo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Dynamic Duo

Post by Catamount123 »

These two pretty much cover all my normal cutting needs. Doesn’t mean I'm going to stop carrying & buying other Spyders, though ;)
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Mako109

Re: Dynamic Duo

Post by Mako109 »

I typically EDC just one knife, but I'm hoping the Ikuchi will form part of my dynamic duo. Hope the wait this year isn't too long.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

I love the look of the old Stretch. Unfortunately the newer model does not fit my hands at all and the older model is on eBay and expensive and I'm hesitant about buying something before getting to handle it.

Very cool knives you got there, anyway! Even have matching colors, super nice :)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

embry386 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:36 pm
I love the look of the old Stretch. Unfortunately the newer model does not fit my hands at all and the older model is on eBay and expensive and I'm hesitant about buying something before getting to handle it.

Very cool knives you got there, anyway! Even have matching colors, super nice :)
I am with you... Though I also like the Stretch 2, for me personally the 1 was even better. Though I always thought the 2 would fit MORE hands than the 1 (for me personally the handle of the 1 feels like it was made exclusevly for my hand... ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Catamount123 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:25 pm

These two pretty much cover all my normal cutting needs. Doesn’t mean I'm going to stop carrying & buying other Spyders, though ;)
Great!!

Stretch 1 and HAP40: Doesn't get any better... :)

And if one could only have two knives, one of them a Stretch 1: A wharncliff Delica really seems to be a very good choice for the second one.

Honestly, that exact combo could quite likely be my choice for a two-folder-system also. Maybe I'd think about a Chaparral instead of the Delica
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Sexy knifes,, do you carry one on each side?
Stretch in the left pocket and the delica in the right?
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Mom3ntuM wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Sexy knifes,, do you carry one on each side?
Stretch in the left pocket and the delica in the right?
Actually, both in my left side (I'm a lefty) front pocket. The Stretch against the back seam, and the Delica against the front. Pockets need to be more flat than slanted to do this.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Oh,, i was thrown off with the clips on different sides.. I thought you where some kind of ambidextrous marvel.
:)
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Almost similar
:D
Chris :spyder: