Lc200n Dragonfly 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Unadan

Re: Lc200n Dragonfly 2

Post by Unadan »

Any update on this?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wondering as well. Hopefully this and the LC200N Pacific Salt will be in the next reveal!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
sailhand

Post by sailhand »

The teal s30v dragonfly sold out before I even knew it existed. I think an lc200n version would sell even better. Anybody want to sell their s30v dragonfly.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I was surprised at the sell out rate on the s30v. I love the dragonfly (and I admit I grabbed an s30v), but I far prefer ZDP-189 (which is easily available) to s30v.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Cscottsss wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am
I would be ALL over it! I carry a PE Salt Dragonfly while fishing or in my swim trunks at the beach/pool/lake.

I'd be in love with a LC200n to match my new Native salt, especially if it was made in black, yellow, and orange scale varients.

Please Sal, make this happen! lol
Funny, as I was sitting here touching up my carry for the summer in my trunks I was going to make this thread. I did a quick search and realized I posted on the first page of this one back in January. So, I'm still wishing for this to happen before next Spring or Summer, oh and I'd love some black scales.

Pic just because I love this knife and it'll be in my trunks at the lake for one of the last big Summer weekends of the year. Cheers!

ImageUntitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Great points Sailhand.

I'd absolutely be up for a LC200N Dragonfly.

The Dragonfly is pure design perfection, I've used it as a discreet work knife for years, now. There's not a single element in the design that I'd change. I particularly lke the heavy swedge on the blade, which is not such a common feature on Spydies. It helps the blade just glide through those heavy industrial cardboards.

I love all of the 7 or 8 versions I've tried, but the ZDP189 version takes the cake, for my purposes.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Cscottsss wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 pm
Cscottsss wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am
I would be ALL over it! I carry a PE Salt Dragonfly while fishing or in my swim trunks at the beach/pool/lake.

I'd be in love with a LC200n to match my new Native salt, especially if it was made in black, yellow, and orange scale varients.

Please Sal, make this happen! lol

Pic just because I love this knife and it'll be in my trunks at the lake for one of the last big Summer weekends of the year. Cheers!

ImageUntitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr
This has become my favorite DF out of the many variations I have. It stays in my pajamas or light shorts, and in my waistband at the pool.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Haven’t tried the PE H1 yet. An LC200N PE would be a great match with this:

Some Dragonfly teeth with a shark tooth on some marine flint core.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

I'd like one of these if it's ever an option.
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

After using both, I heavily prefer SE LC200N over SE H1. It’s much easier to sharpen for me, and holds an edge about as long, or longer through heavy duty industrial cardboard. My SE Dragonfly salt and my ZDP Dragonfly are my most used work knives. I’d love to get an SE LC200N version. In the mean time, I’m going to get a couple of the K390 wharncliffe versions whenever those are released.
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I just want a dfly salt in a different color than yellow :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Cambertree wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 pm
The Dragonfly is pure design perfection, I've used it as a discreet work knife for years, now. There's not a single element in the design that I'd change. I particularly lke the heavy swedge on the blade, which is not such a common feature on Spydies. It helps the blade just glide through those heavy industrial cardboards.
This pretty well sums up my thoughts on the D’fly. Well said Cambertree, well designed Sal!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:15 pm
Cambertree wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 pm
This pretty well sums up my thoughts on the D’fly. Well said Cambertree, well designed Sal!
Thanks JR! :)
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:20 pm
Why not try dying the handles? When I dyed my Tasman and Caribbean I just dropped the whole knife in the dye, blade and all. The Salt yellow should take a range of colours.
DrawBackwards

Post by DrawBackwards »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:04 am
Definitely! I used to have a Hap40 Dragonfly, but it’s been appropriated by the Mrs....
That is sooo funny. Mine too. Exact same thing...
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

I would like a blacked out LC200N dragonfly in PE. Now that we have seen a coated dragonfly (Nutnfancy exclusive) I’m sure that a coated regular production is feasible!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:20 pm
Why not try dying the handles? When I dyed my Tasman and Caribbean I just dropped the whole knife in the dye, blade and all. The Salt yellow should take a range of colours.
The color wears off, scratches and fades. But yes I have dyed one. It's also hard to talk people into trying the salt. People will ask me what small pocket knife do you recommend, to which I usually reply the ladybug or Dragonfly salt.... to which they almost all universally (like 99.9% of the time) say... eww Yellow? No thanks.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Shadowcutter

Post by Shadowcutter »

I would definitely buy a Dragonfly 2 in LC200N. I already have the Caribbean and carry it regularly. Love the no rust design! The LC200N is a huge upgrade over the H1 as far as edge holding goes. I like the bright colors cause it makes the knife easy to find when dropped in the water or when the light is fading. I have a Dragonfly 2 in ZDP-189 which sees daily carry regardless of whatever other knife I carry on a given day. It's just too convenient for smaller cutting tasks which don't require something bigger. Hope to see a Dragonfly 2 in LC200N!
sailhand

Post by sailhand »

Whats happening with the lc200n dragonfly exclusive. Is one of the big retailers on board with this. The dragonfly is a natural match for lc200n and would be a great seller.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I think the entire Japan made Salt line will eventually be offered with the LC200N option.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050