Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toxophilus

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Post by toxophilus »

:spyder: double post :spyder:
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

and it's gone.... didn't think they would fly off the shelves so fast, guess I should have been quicker >.<
Attachments
trop.JPG
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

^^Probably flippers, the excitement of a new design. It's just such a weird knife, I don't see it doing very well overall.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:15 am
^^Probably flippers, the excitement of a new design. It's just such a weird knife, I don't see it doing very well overall.
Weird looking, but it looks like it would function quite well. The handle looks great for ergonomics and the blade is positioned far enough down that your fingers could avoid the cutting board during food prep. Nice belly to the blade. Good blade length. But yeah, not the greatest piece of eye candy out there.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Weird is right best way to describe it really. What spoiled a purchase for me is that piece sticking out on the spine.

Guessing it is for some kind of fantasy where a rapid deployment is needed in someone’s imaginary world.

People do not conceal carry knives nowadays they carry guns even the ladies do. I know quite a few who conceal carry some sweet 7 shot sig sauer 9 MM you would not think they had.

Stupid to bring a knife to a gun fight.

That being said I think if that hook on the top were removed this would be a great design lots of belly and it is just begging for the thumb to ride the spine but not with that hook in the way.

You know the more I look at it the more stuff I would change. The handle has to go and a Choil for the index finger keep the blade shape and then you would have something.

Lol what a long winded way to just say I won’t look to buy this.
Last edited by Doeswhateveraspidercan on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Pelagic wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Weird looking, but it looks like it would function quite well. The handle looks great for ergonomics and the blade is positioned far enough down that your fingers could avoid the cutting board during food prep. Nice belly to the blade. Good blade length. But yeah, not the greatest piece of eye candy out there.

I disagree. I find it extremely appealing. It's so boring to see the same shapes everywhere. Something new is always a nice extra. It's Fine Arts if this New is at the same time functional. And with the apparently great ergos and blade shape / belly, plus compression lock, plus flipper, plus Emerson wave, this is in my opinion maybe the most advanced design of the recent past. I so regret that it is not using any exotic steel that I don't own yet - but that is just my own personal dilemma. Otherwise I would be all over this beauty. Well done Spyderco & Javier Vogt!
Last edited by archangel on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Well opinions differ apologies if I upset you and no offense meant to the designer or Spyderco. Just my opinion sure many will be sold despite my opinion.

Have yet to see a boring design from Spyderco just ones I do not gravitate towards.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I find it a bit too busy. I might buy one later on down the road, but not yet.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
archangel

Post by archangel »

I wasn't offended. :) Was just defending this design. Thank God we're all entitled to our own opinions. No hurt feelings!
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 am
I wasn't offended. :) Was just defending this design. Thank God we're all entitled to our own opinions. No hurt feelings!
Ok good, was really hoping I didn't have to buy a plane ticket to go to Germany to throw some hands :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
archangel

Post by archangel »

It's a beautiful country, always worth a visit, just as yours. :)
Michael
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:35 am
Pelagic wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I disagree. I find it extremely appealing. It's so boring to see the same shapes everywhere. Something new is always a nice extra. It's Fine Arts if this New is at the same time functional. And with the apparently great ergos and blade shape / belly, plus compression lock, plus flipper, plus Emerson wave, this is in my opinion maybe the most advanced design of the recent past. I so regret that it is not using any exotic steel that I don't own yet - but that is just my own personal dilemma. Otherwise I would be all over this beauty. Well done Spyderco & Javier Vogt!
By weird I didn't mean bad, lol.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
JMSIII

Post by JMSIII »

Still hoping for a Military, PM 2 and P3 in Desert Tan or Coyote Brown scales with Black blade, would be happy with standard CPM S30V! S90V, S110V, M390 would be awesome too. Something along these color lines would be very nice looking!
Username827

Post by Username827 »

Thank you RamZar! I think I am in for at least the DLC Para 3 S35VN, and the Military from BladeHQ. I do not have a Millie yet, but have held one and was thoroughly impressed!
ScottyWho

Post by ScottyWho »

Do they ever do more than one sprint run of the same steel and knife? I want a Para 3 in Maxamet. I'm guessing that would depreciate the value of the first run so probably not.
attila

Post by attila »

ScottyWho wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 am
Do they ever do more than one sprint run of the same steel and knife? I want a Para 3 in Maxamet. I'm guessing that would depreciate the value of the first run so probably not.
The Maxamet knives weren't sprint runs. They were meant to be regular production.

As soon as we received word that Maxamet isn't dead, I started seeing full msrp sale listings of Maxamet PM2s and Para 3s pop up.

Yes, the value will depreciate, which is why people wanting to maximize profits when flipping knives are trying to sell before the new ones become available at normal prices.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

At some dealers now:
  1. Tropen CPM-S30V Black Polished G-10 (Taiwan) - JAN 2019
  2. Stretch2 V-Toku2/SUS410 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan) - JAN 2019

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Hi Guys I just ordered my Stretch2 in Super Blue from GPKnives they are in stock as of right now.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Stretch2 SB? It's the V-Toku2 version (mixed it up with Hap40 in my poor brain)

Almost gave me a heart attack...
Last edited by archangel on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Here you go 3:20 PM Eastern Time 2019/01/09 https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-stret ... pble2.html