Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Ok back to being confused where do these surprise models like this, the 20CV Green PM2 and the Straight Spine Stretch fit into the reveal program I do not recall ever seeing some of this stuff in any of the reveals and all of a sudden wham here it is. How do people even find out about this stuff if not on this site?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Ok back to being confused where do these surprise models like this, the 20CV Green PM2 and the Straight Spine Stretch fit into the reveal program I do not recall ever seeing some of this stuff in any of the reveals and all of a sudden wham here it is. How do people even find out about this stuff if not on this site?
The straight Stretch was in a reveal/supplement.

The green PM2 is an exclusive and does not follow production/sprint guides.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Manix2 M390 Black DLC Blade Earth Brown G-10 Moteng (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Thanks, so that means that exclusives can pop up out of no where at any given point in time?

How about Sprint runs?
vivi

Post by vivi »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:38 pm
Manix2 M390 Black DLC Blade Earth Brown G-10 Moteng (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

I think we're at 2 XL sprints and 34 Mini Manix sprints now.....
:unicorn
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm
Thanks, so that means that exclusives can pop up out of no where at any given point in time?

How about Sprint runs?
The rights to reveal an exclusive are given to the commissioner of said exclusive.

Sprints, just like the Straight Spine Stretch, have been shown in reveals and other supplements quite a while in advance.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Thanks I tend to get confused over the the way the rules operate, are their any other categories besides Sprints and Exclusives and I guess what are they called Production models like for example the PM2 in S30V ?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Thanks I tend to get confused over the the way the rules operate, are their any other categories besides Sprints and Exclusives and I guess what are they called Production models like for example the PM2 in S30V ?
Regular production - Normally produced knives with no cap on production numbers and sold through the whole distribution chain. More can be produced if stock runs out. In catalogs/reveals

Sprint - Spyderco picks a unique combination of handles/steel and makes it for the whole dealer/distributor network. Only a single run in that exact configuration is made. Shown in catalogs/reveals

Exclusive - Dealer or distributor picks a unique combination of handles/steel and asks Spyderco to make it just for them. Can be reordered (not sure if this is always true), so multiple runs are an option. Not in catalogs/reveals.

Flash batch - Spyderco makes a brand new model, but as a single run with a limited quantity. So far, these models are made in only a single configuration and haven't been offered again, even in different configurations, so I don't know if there can be a sprint or exclusive of a previously run flash batch model. In catalogs/reveals. (Lil' Nilakka, Darn Dao)

And I can't remember if this is official terminology, but I think there's also Limited production - Normally produced knives that are very limited by production capacity but not capped at a certain quantity, and sold through the whole distribution chain. In catalogs/reveals. (fluted Ti Military)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Vivi wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm
I think we're at 2 XL sprints and 34 Mini Manix sprints now.....
How EvilD said it? Manix XL, the unloved orphan of Spyderco?
I still think that 4V, Cru-Wear or other tool steel would sell very well.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Anyone hear anything on the Parata? I’ve been on back order for about 2 quarters.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Dodge wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:43 am
Anyone hear anything on the Parata? I’ve been on back order for about 2 quarters.
I didn't know they were out of stock

-Thomas Jefferson
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:31 am
Dodge wrote:
Knife center, BHQ, and GP are all on “pre-order”
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Then I guess they sold out. These were released quite a while ago.

Check Bladeforum and Ebay.

-Thomas Jefferson
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Dodge wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:40 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:31 am
Dodge wrote:
Knife center, BHQ, and GP are all on “pre-order”
I'm sure they're available elsewhere maybe but in stock at cutleryshoppe
edit: also knifeworks, dlt and national knives
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Doeswhateveraspidercan

jabba359 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 pm
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Regular production - Normally produced knives with no cap on production numbers and sold through the whole distribution chain. More can be produced if stock runs out. In catalogs/reveals

Sprint - Spyderco picks a unique combination of handles/steel and makes it for the whole dealer/distributor network. Only a single run in that exact configuration is made. Shown in catalogs/reveals

Exclusive - Dealer or distributor picks a unique combination of handles/steel and asks Spyderco to make it just for them. Can be reordered (not sure if this is always true), so multiple runs are an option. Not in catalogs/reveals.

Flash batch - Spyderco makes a brand new model, but as a single run with a limited quantity. So far, these models are made in only a single configuration and haven't been offered again, even in different configurations, so I don't know if there can be a sprint or exclusive of a previously run flash batch model. In catalogs/reveals. (Lil' Nilakka, Darn Dao)

And I can't remember if this is official terminology, but I think there's also Limited production - Normally produced knives that are very limited by production capacity but not capped at a certain quantity, and sold through the whole distribution chain. In catalogs/reveals. (fluted Ti Military)
Thank you, much appreciated.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Flash Batches are/were brand new designs and not like Sprint Runs which are based on current or old models. The last Flash Batch was Darn Dao CPM-154 Black G-10 Flash Batch (Taiwan) in December 2017! Spyderco announces their intention to produce the model but not when it will drop. Only one batch is produced.

Dealer or Distributor Exclusives are based on existing models but with different blade/handle materials and are completely dependent on the dealer/distributor as to how many are produced, additional batches at later dates and when they are announced or released.

Sprint Runs are based on existing models but with different blade/handle materials and only one batch produced. Spyderco announces their intention to produce the model but not exactly when it will drop.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
the74impala

Post by the74impala »

They are taking pre-orders now
RamZar wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:27 pm
Delica4 CPM-S90V Black FRN Blue Lined KnifeWorks (Japan) will be released on December 10, 2019 for $119.95 shipped. This is a total run of 600 pieces and a limit of 2 per person.

AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

No Millies at all since M4 in February? 🤔
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Dodo CPM-M4 Natural G-10 BladeHQ (USA) will be in stock on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 10:00am Mountain Time.

koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Dang I just checked a second ago and didn't see a release date, where was this posted? Gonna have to make some tough choices this week
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut