Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mgnmdngg
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby mgnmdngg » Thu May 23, 2019 1:34 pm

s90v / carbon fiber shaman is OUT at US retailers!!!

User avatar
RamZar
Member
Posts: 1549
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am
Location: SoCal, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby RamZar » Thu May 23, 2019 2:42 pm

At some dealers:
  • Endela VG-10 PlainEdge Black FRN (Japan)
  • Endela VG-10 SpyderEdge Black FRN (Japan)
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
RamZar
Member
Posts: 1549
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am
Location: SoCal, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby RamZar » Thu May 23, 2019 2:46 pm

The DLT Trading exclusive ParaMilitary2 CPM-20CV Black DLC Blade Tan G-10 is due out next week.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
z4vdBt
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: U.S.A. Earth

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby z4vdBt » Thu May 23, 2019 2:51 pm

^ I have to say that the lettering on the DLT Trading Tan PM2 is perfectly lined with the vertical line from the hole to choil. Perfectly.

Image

User avatar
RamZar
Member
Posts: 1549
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am
Location: SoCal, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby RamZar » Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Shaman CPM-S90V Solid Carbon Fiber Sprint Run (USA) is/was in stock at some dealers.

Image
Image
Image
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

Catamount123
Member
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Catamount123 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 am

Bdubs808 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:47 am
Also seeing many of the second quarter releases popping up, Chief and Emphasis for example.

Where did you see the Chief?
I don't get people who only carry one knife :confused: ;)

User avatar
rabbitanarchy14
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 am
Location: Michigan, USA, Earth
Contact:

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby rabbitanarchy14 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:10 am

z4vdBt wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:51 pm
^ I have to say that the lettering on the DLT Trading Tan PM2 is perfectly lined with the vertical line from the hole to choil. Perfectly.

Image
i really like the look of that knife, now here is hoping they make a para 3 version and i am sold.
In-Possession - Para 3 S35VN, Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native S30V comp B, Manix 2 M390 BR, MKM Voxnaes Isonzo N690Co, Benchmade 555HGBlu, Ontario Rat 2 Gr G10
On-Deck - Manix 2 Cruwear, Urban AEBL, Brouwer, Cat BD1N, Lil Native compression 20CV/M390, Dragonfly 2
Loved Steels - Cruwear, M390/20CV, S35VN, BD1N, XHP, S30V, N690Co

User avatar
Bdubs808
Member
Posts: 645
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Bdubs808 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:50 pm

Catamount123 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 am
Bdubs808 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:47 am
Also seeing many of the second quarter releases popping up, Chief and Emphasis for example.

Where did you see the Chief?
Bladeops had like 1 each in stock of the new Spyderco stock. I believe I ordered the only plain edge Endela they had. Someone else beat me to the Chief.
:spyder:

User avatar
Crux
Member
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Crux » Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Ok, this is a sprint just asking to be rite-dyed. If they did this in a Para 3 I'd almost rite-dye it, as long as I could get 2.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:

Fng5
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Fng5 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Crux wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
Ok, this is a sprint just asking to be rite-dyed. If they did this in a Para 3 I'd almost rite-dye it, as long as I could get 2.
Yeah, the scales are too light

User avatar
rabbitanarchy14
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 am
Location: Michigan, USA, Earth
Contact:

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby rabbitanarchy14 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:12 am

Crux wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
Ok, this is a sprint just asking to be rite-dyed. If they did this in a Para 3 I'd almost rite-dye it, as long as I could get 2.
I whole heartedly agree, if this was a para 3 I would be all over it too.
In-Possession - Para 3 S35VN, Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native S30V comp B, Manix 2 M390 BR, MKM Voxnaes Isonzo N690Co, Benchmade 555HGBlu, Ontario Rat 2 Gr G10
On-Deck - Manix 2 Cruwear, Urban AEBL, Brouwer, Cat BD1N, Lil Native compression 20CV/M390, Dragonfly 2
Loved Steels - Cruwear, M390/20CV, S35VN, BD1N, XHP, S30V, N690Co

mrtodd777
Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby mrtodd777 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm

The para 3 is my least favorite iteration of the mili series. So much knife, so little blade. What all the fuss about these. I own the cruwear sprint and it is indeed an awesome knife. But then you pair it next to a kapara or even a chaparral and it just doesn’t make any sense. So much chunkiness and weight but very little cutting edge.

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3542
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 pm

mrtodd777 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm
The para 3 is my least favorite iteration of the mili series. So much knife, so little blade. What all the fuss about these. I own the cruwear sprint and it is indeed an awesome knife. But then you pair it next to a kapara or even a chaparral and it just doesn’t make any sense.
Ohhh boy...you just unleashed the fury of Crux. Waiting for it!
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
justjohn
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby justjohn » Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Multitudes of thanks RamZar!
- John

:spyder: "Spyderco"....nuff said! :spyder:

mrtodd777
Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby mrtodd777 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Thanks Ramzar!

mrtodd777
Member
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby mrtodd777 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:05 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 pm
mrtodd777 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm
The para 3 is my least favorite iteration of the mili series. So much knife, so little blade. What all the fuss about these. I own the cruwear sprint and it is indeed an awesome knife. But then you pair it next to a kapara or even a chaparral and it just doesn’t make any sense.
Ohhh boy...you just unleashed the fury of Crux. Waiting for it!
Me too. I’m just waiting and I will probably delete this post. I carried my pm3 all day. Until it was time actually use a knife. Then I switched it out for a knife that actually does the job. (Poolside cooking). Spydiechef chef/chap LW
Last edited by mrtodd777 on Sat May 25, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 1817
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Woodpuppy » Sat May 25, 2019 6:09 pm

I am extremely fond of the para3. I like that it’s a robust little sucker. I like that I get plenty of handle for the blade length; I really don’t like short blades in short handles. This ones just right.
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

User avatar
dj moonbat
Member
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 am
Location: Sunny SoCal

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby dj moonbat » Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Fng5 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm
Crux wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
Ok, this is a sprint just asking to be rite-dyed. If they did this in a Para 3 I'd almost rite-dye it, as long as I could get 2.
Yeah, the scales are too light
And since the whole knife isn't blacked out, it's kind of strange using DLC on a steel without much of a corrosion problem. But whatever: they'll sell 'em, I'm sure.

hambone56rx
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby hambone56rx » Sat May 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Any word on the Parata?

Hamilton

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby steelcity16 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:08 pm

dj moonbat wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 pm
Fng5 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm
Crux wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
Ok, this is a sprint just asking to be rite-dyed. If they did this in a Para 3 I'd almost rite-dye it, as long as I could get 2.
Yeah, the scales are too light
And since the whole knife isn't blacked out, it's kind of strange using DLC on a steel without much of a corrosion problem. But whatever: they'll sell 'em, I'm sure.

The story goes that DLC was originally used in Spydercos as an anti-glare coating and not for corrosion resistance. I think it has evolved now to where some people do buy it for the anti-glare, some buy it for the perceived (accurate or not) corrosion resistance, and other buy it purely for looks.

My love affair with DLC covers all three. I don't have a need for anti-glare, but I do like that quality. I do believe it provides some level of corrosion protection. I'm not a fan of patinas. I really like the looks of DLC whether it is blacked out, paired with earth tones, or paired with neon, or even white. I also really like the looks of "weathered" DLC after it is seen a lot of use.

So I say more DLC on everything please. I'm really not a huge fan of the PM2, but I do believe every true Spydie fan should own at least one. So I am making this my one due to the great looks and a steel I don't own.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ivtecdaily, MacLaren, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mako109, MSN [Bot], Sharp Guy, Sumdumguy, TomAiello and 21 guests