Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Laughing my head off, just got my Ikuchi, I can’t believe how incredibly tiny this little thing is! Hah! Very cool!

Great design will be buying a backup!

NiallRiv
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:07 am
Location: Mid-Coast Maine

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby NiallRiv » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Safe and Lock's exclusive Manix 2 in 4v and marble carbon fiber seems to really be flying under the radar...

missouried
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby missouried » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm

I’ve had one for a couple of months, it’s a really nice Spyderco. I’m surprised too that it’s still on the shelf.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4432
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby The Meat man » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:08 pm

NiallRiv wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:54 pm
Safe and Lock's exclusive Manix 2 in 4v and marble carbon fiber seems to really be flying under the radar...

If I had the money... :rolleyes:

It really is a beautiful piece.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Fng5
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Fng5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Para 3 dlc s35vn/brown in stock @ gpknives

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-para- ... d-run.html

User avatar
Crux
Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Crux » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Fng5 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Para 3 dlc s35vn/brown in stock @ gpknives

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-para- ... d-run.html
THANKS!!! I was just thinking it's been more than three months with no limited editions. Life is good again. The Para 3 is the best knife Spyderco ever made. Sure the other ones are really nice but I'm just saying....
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:

daninghram
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:37 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby daninghram » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:02 am

I just ordered one of these, I don't have a para 3. I was kinda waiting for a steel I don't have but caved when I saw this.

User avatar
RamZar
Member
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am
Location: SoCal, USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby RamZar » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:18 pm

At dealers:
  • Para3 CPM-S35VN Black DLC Blade Earth Brown G-10 Moteng (USA)
  • Yojimbo2 CPM-M4 Black DLC Blade Natural G-10 BladeHQ (USA)
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
Eric*the*Red
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Eric*the*Red » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Hello everyone. I’m an new to the forum. I have had a fascination for knives since I was eight, when I received my first knife from my dad, a Case Peanut. I have recently been bitten by the “Spyder Bug”. I have gone a little crazy, picking up eight spydies in the past year. My most recent acquisition was the Spyderco Manix 2 CPM 4V exclusive from Fradon Lock. It is a beautiful piece. Unfortunately it appears it has sold out as of April 10th.

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Woodpuppy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Both of those look pretty good. I dig the brown and blackout especially!
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 5416
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby TkoK83Spy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Both of those look pretty good. I dig the brown and blackout especially!

Same here. So tempted to do that combo and swap out the blade and hardware from my OD green PM2 to the Earth Brown scales. But...I love that OD green with the black too haha. Great looking Para 3 though for sure.
23 :spyder:'s in 13 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays

-Rick

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 pm

S35VN. DLC No.

DLC M4 Yojimbo2 no thanks sold both of mine in S30V do not regret divesting myself of the model.

I hope those who like these models find out about them and get them before they are gone.

It is very hard to look at the S30V and S35VN steels now with anything but are you kidding me after experiencing CTS-XHP, LC200N, VG10, M4 and now Cruwear.

I have become a Steel Snob, Lol :)

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4337
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby steelcity16 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Good looking knives aside from those uncoated liners. It truly bothers me to no end to see that on an otherwise fantastic looking knife. Makes it feel unfinished.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
Crux
Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Crux » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:15 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:49 pm
Good looking knives aside from those uncoated liners. It truly bothers me to no end to see that on an otherwise fantastic looking knife. Makes it feel unfinished.
Can you post a picture of a coated liner?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4337
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby steelcity16 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Crux wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:15 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:49 pm
Good looking knives aside from those uncoated liners. It truly bothers me to no end to see that on an otherwise fantastic looking knife. Makes it feel unfinished.
Can you post a picture of a coated liner?

I can't, because it doesn't exist! :) Do a Google image search for the Tenacious, Manix, and Native and you can see that they have everything coated, liners and all. But the Military, Para 3, PM2, Shaman, and Yojimbo don't have coated liners. Probably doesn't bother most people, but I have a curse of an OCD level of attention to detail and it really bothers me to the point I don't own any DLC knives in those models despite wanting to own many! :(
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

Beardedjeeper
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:25 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Beardedjeeper » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:59 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm
Crux wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:15 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:49 pm
Good looking knives aside from those uncoated liners. It truly bothers me to no end to see that on an otherwise fantastic looking knife. Makes it feel unfinished.
Can you post a picture of a coated liner?

I can't, because it doesn't exist! :) Do a Google image search for the Tenacious, Manix, and Native and you can see that they have everything coated, liners and all. But the Military, Para 3, PM2, Shaman, and Yojimbo don't have coated liners. Probably doesn't bother most people, but I have a curse of an OCD level of attention to detail and it really bothers me to the point I don't own any DLC knives in those models despite wanting to own many! :(
There is one example of a PM2 with DLC liners/compression lock Razor Edge Knives recently finished/posted on Instagram. He also made a new blade out of nothing as in not a regrind and it looks amazing. I've highly considered getting some Para2's/Para3's liners DLC coated or ceramic coated :D

Link to Razer Edge custom DLC PM2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzAV-KBZIm/

User avatar
archangel
Member
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 pm
Location: Wuppertal, Germany, Earth

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby archangel » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:15 am

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 pm
It is very hard to look at the S30V and S35VN steels now with anything but are you kidding me after experiencing CTS-XHP, LC200N, VG10, M4 and now Cruwear.

Why? Do they not cut?
Michael
The count is 37 / 34

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4337
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby steelcity16 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 am

Beardedjeeper wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:59 pm

There is one example of a PM2 with DLC liners/compression lock Razor Edge Knives recently finished/posted on Instagram. He also made a new blade out of nothing as in not a regrind and it looks amazing. I've highly considered getting some Para2's/Para3's liners DLC coated or ceramic coated :D

Link to Razer Edge custom DLC PM2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzAV-KBZIm/

Man, that looks so good with those coated liners! :eek:
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

missouried
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby missouried » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Since we are writing about DLC. I have a question for the kind hero’s at Golden and others whom might know.

Does DLC come in colors other than the current dark brown? Mabe blue, green, orange, tan, red!

Thanks for any responses.

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

archangel wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:15 am
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 pm
It is very hard to look at the S30V and S35VN steels now with anything but are you kidding me after experiencing CTS-XHP, LC200N, VG10, M4 and now Cruwear.

Why? Do they not cut?
Meh so does a butter knife ;) sorry man but I am after extreme cutting they are both fine.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fixall, Google [Bot], Salty Dog, Senfkarte, standy99 and 38 guests