Fixed blade finale.. with your help

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SC_PATRIOT

Fixed blade finale.. with your help

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Would like some real world input of others that have tried either the new Zoomer or Proficient. I've have a Serrata and absolutely love it, however I need a longer more robust blade for semi Bushcraft and camp chores. The Zoomer is up there in the upper extreme limits of budget. One thing it has for it is the sheath can be used for myself (lefty). Other aspect is that I have just about every model in S90v already as the Proficient is the same. Has anyone purchased the Zoomer and realized it's worth every penny paid?

Spoke to a dealer that I get my Spyders from and he was pleasantly surprised by the feel of the Zoomers grip and ergos. I've had a Bradley Bowie and it was too slick for my taste also.

What y'all think about a $350+ fixed blade in 20CV?
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
Tucson Tom

Re: Fixed blade finale.. with your help

Post by Tucson Tom »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:22 pm
What y'all think about a $350+ fixed blade in 20CV?
Makes me swallow hard, though I am pleased with the idea of a 5 inch fixed blade in 20CV.
vivi

Post by vivi »

The price kept me at bay, though I like the design. I went with an ESEE 6HM and Spyderco Street Bowie. The former isheavier and purchased more for camping, the latter very light and more for hiking and EDC. The combo costs me about $200 shipped. The Zoomer is one I'm going to wait until it's discontinued to be honest. $200 is about my hard limit for a cutting tool.

I'm in your area sometimes. If you want feel free to PM me and I can let you check them out in person.
:unicorn
cckw

Post by cckw »

I have handled a zoomer. Handle is quite large so will really fill a big hand. Too big for my hand size though. I think it would have been better to have made a more simple sheath to lower the price of the knife.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

At $320 -$390 for a camp knife seems like dollar bills would make appropriate kindling. I’m sure they’re great blades but there are a lot of options in the fixed blade world.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

That's the info that I'm looking for "handle is quite large", hence I have small hands and a 6.75 wrist.
Very valuable info there.!!! I would stay with my Manix XL in s90 but wanted to try another steel instead of the s90v Proficient as well. Hate to say it but Lionsteel has some nice 3.75-5.0 inch fixed blades. Sal just get us a Manix 2 XL in either 4V or Rex45 and I'll stop looking! Ha.
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Don't hate to say it. Lionsteel makes some good knives, and they've done collaborations with Spyderco. I still think Spyderco should do a Sleipner model (maybe a Lionspy sprint or something?).

I have to say the Zoomer has a lot of things I like. The steel and grind look great. I'm reluctant to ante up that kind of cash without being able to fondle on in person, though.
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?