Rock-Jumper Speculation

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knife Knut

Rock-Jumper Speculation

Post by Knife Knut »

So Sal has mentioned a few times that one of the upcoming models is the Rock-Jumper.

What we know:
FRN
Seki City maker tooling up.
http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 0#p1252660

My guess is a Schempp Rock blade but with the less radical (and existing mold) Jumpmaster handle and scales The hooked front and rear plus the belly look like the existing scale design would be well suited to a chopper, and there is even room for a finger rest in a choil to choke up with.

I really tried to like the Rock and it's design, but whenever I handled one, it just did not "speak to me" the way I like my knives to.
TomAiello

Re: Rock-Jumper Speculation

Post by TomAiello »

I have no idea what this will be like, and I don't know that I'll use it, but I think I'll have to buy one regardless, just for the name.
DBCOOPER

Post by DBCOOPER »

I am also curious about the rock jumper and endela, I won't try and guess what they are or look like, but u will say
Seki city has been "uping" their game!
They have also been talking about frn police 4
I came here to cut sh#$ with my knives and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Knife Knut wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:32 pm
So Sal has mentioned a few times that one of the upcoming models is the Rock-Jumper.

What we know:
FRN
Seki City maker tooling up.
http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 0#p1252660

My guess is a Schempp Rock blade but with the less radical (and existing mold) Jumpmaster handle and scales The hooked front and rear plus the belly look like the existing scale design would be well suited to a chopper, and there is even room for a finger rest in a choil to choke up with.

This seems like as good of a guess as any. I love H1, so definitely interested to see what this model looks like! I wonder if a prototype will be on display at Blade? Keep an eye out for those of you going! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red