yet another "price increase"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nope

yet another "price increase"

Post by nope »

I remember in 2015 when the price floor was installed because "muh Amazon"

then Amazon totally and faithfully complied with the price floor. So Sal jacked the prices up again by increasing the price floor because "muh Amazon."

I guess you can't use the same excuse three times in a row, so now we have "muh costs."

Happy to say I ditched all my Spyderco's in 2016 on the secondary market, thus robbing Spyderco of potential profits, and have been using Cold Steel ever since.

"muh costs," suuuuure. Amazon used to be the scapegoat but that was milked dry, so now it's "muh tarrifs." Yeah, those Chinese tarrifs on ol cheapo 8cr13mov recycled ingots is pushing American and European cpm steels through the roof.

Hopefully you go out of business by so obviously pricing yourself out of the market. Something tells me the "super steel" marketing scam has a low ceiling, like the disappearance of Maxamet, the dramatically slowed sales on ZDP-189, S30V, and all the premium models above VG-10, and the explosion in activity on ebay with 50 or more watchers hovering on any given $100 paramilitary.
sal

Re: yet another "price increase"

Post by sal »

Hi Nope,

Sorry you feel and think that way. Perhaps you'll hang around long enough to get a better education of business?

sal
DBCOOPER

Post by DBCOOPER »

Somebody must have got a lump of coal from santa
I came here to cut sh#$ with my knives and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looks like my step daughters trolls she got from my parents for Christmas aren't the only trolls making an appearance today...
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Sal has been pretty up front about it. Looks like there are lots of Information gaps in your monologue you can fill in by using "Muh Search bar"

Merry Christmas

- Shawn

nope wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:29 am

then Amazon totally and faithfully complied with the price floor. So Sal jacked the prices up again by increasing the price floor because "muh Amazon."

I guess you can't use the same excuse three times in a row, so now we have "muh costs."

Happy to say I ditched all my Spyderco's in 2016 on the secondary market, thus robbing Spyderco of potential profits, and have been using Cold Steel ever since.

"muh costs," suuuuure. Amazon used to be the scapegoat but that was milked dry, so now it's "muh tarrifs." Yeah, those Chinese tarrifs on ol cheapo 8cr13mov recycled ingots is pushing American and European cpm steels through the roof.

Hopefully you go out of business by so obviously pricing yourself out of the market. Something tells me the "super steel" marketing scam has a low ceiling, like the disappearance of Maxamet, the dramatically slowed sales on ZDP-189, S30V, and all the premium models above VG-10, and the explosion in activity on ebay with 50 or more watchers hovering on any given $100 paramilitary.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

nope wrote:

Look, sal has been the best business man in the knife business and he and his people have gone out of their way to produce and provide excellent quality knives and tools and sharpening systems and various items of top quality at prices for everyone, and has even made available inexpensive lines. You are free to your opinion and your ideas and choices. But to disparage him and his company and wish ill on them is very cruel and cold and mean. Again, you are free to your beliefs and opinions and that is my opinion of your post.

sal, I want to sincerely thank you for the great knives you and others design and make.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Lol, someone is pretty mad. He's obviously a diehard spyderco fan, otherwise he wouldn't be making an account here simply to announce that he's dissatisfied. Boo hoo.

The price increase will certainly effect my purchasing of Spyderco products, but I, as a customer, am almost worthless to Spyderco from a business standpoint. I am a knife USER that sells any knife that doesn't get used. I probably own 5 spyderco knives total, and maybe 3 from other brands. Spyderco doesn't need people like me, they need people who collect any and all models, sprint runs, and exclusives, and lock them in a safe. Now THAT is a valued customer. So spyderco can do whatever they want with the prices. The fact of the matter is, they'll be fine. They'd have to REALLY, REALLY, jack up the prices to actually encounter real financial consequences. That's just how the market works sometimes. It's not something worth crying over.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Merry Christmas!
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

This guy has been here before.

Merry Christmas all.
attila

Post by attila »

This nope person just arrived today and seems bent on trolling us in his/her debut post... :rolleyes:
nope wrote:

Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

Lol, salty troll is salty.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

This guy is preaching the truth guys. Time to find myself a Cold Steel catalog and a pig carcass.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Wonder why nope doesn’t just stay in his cold steel sandbox. Not happy with those? Odd posting for Christmas. Not spreading cheer today.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

nope wrote:
Happy to ...
*Edited - Inappropriate. TazKristi*

Sincere Apologies, everyone. I thought it was funny is all, and I certainly didn’t mean to offend.

In hind sight I agree Kristi my post was inappropriate and I’m genuinely sorry for it. :o
Last edited by Bloke on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Consider the envelope pushed. Lol
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Yowzers! Tell us what you really think. Sounds like your breakup with Spyderco carries some baggage. I would miss them too. Nothing wrong with Cold Steel though. Maybe when you grow up, you'll have a bit more perspective and less anger.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This is NOT a cheerocracy, this IS a cheertatorship!
And, Sal, is the Cheertator!!
Lol, seriously though, its Mr. Glessers company, not ours.
Last edited by MacLaren on Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

If you don't buy them why do you care what the company does? This is like those trucks parking at Tesla charging points and yelling at them about how Tesla sucks. Do you really have nothing better to do?
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:39 pm
This is NOT a cheermocracy, this IS a cheertatorship!
And, Sal, is the Cheertator!!
Lol, seriously though, its Mr. Glessers company, not ours.
Absolutely. Great knives aren't for everyone. I'm not knocking cold steel (despite me thinking Lynn Thompson is sort of a lunatic in some ways), as I do love some of their models, but spyderco simply offers a better product, all things considered. Spyderco functions better as a company imo as well. Spyderco has never been out to produce budget/value knives (not counting their unrivaled byrd series). You pay for spyderco quality.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i thought my thread might come across as rude, but this guy is like, “hold my beer.”
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C