Which Spyder For Mr. Elon Musk?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bloke

Re: Which Spyder For Mr. Elon Musk?

Post by Bloke »

It’s a shame Spyderco doesn’t make a Muskrat. :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
sal

Post by sal »

I would have to be a "tomorrow" model. Ergonomic handle made from unobtanium, steel is laminated Salium, and a new lock from Jaydeedium.

sal
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

sal wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:30 pm
I would have to be a "tomorrow" model. Ergonomic handle made from unobtanium, steel is laminated Salium, and a new lock from Jaydeedium.

sal
😂
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:30 pm

sal
Well Mr. Glesser I will take it on myself to try to arrange of meeting of the minds between you and Mr. Elon Musk :D :cool: Maybe the two of you could launch a new multi-purpose model called the "TESLA" :cool: I'm also sure that Mr. Musk could concoct one cool Hawkbill to add to the main line up :D Spyderedged of course.

I'm just saying Mr. Glesser the two of you I really believe would hit it off really well. Two Entrepreneurial visionaries talking blades ( among other things as well) And in the mean time we'll add "Unobtanium, Salium & Jaydeedium all to the periodic elements chart :D :D I'll put BLOKE on it right away :eek: :rolleyes: :D
Last edited by JD Spydo on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kirill.sergueev

Post by kirill.sergueev »

People please be careful in your suggestions or Musk buys Spyderco, and close it for good and gets all knives for himself.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

kirill.sergueev wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 pm
People please be careful in your suggestions or Musk buys Spyderco, and close it for good and gets all knives for himself.
Relax he can only do those hostile takeovers with companies that have publicly traded stock. Spyderco as far as I know is not a publicly traded company. If anything I would bet that Mr. Elon Musk would be intrigued and want to do business. It might be bad for all of us because if the Spyder bit him the way it has bit most of us he might just gobble up every folder available :eek: . But I do think that he would revel in the Salt Series :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:19 pm
It’s a shame Spyderco doesn’t make a Muskrat. :rolleyes:
BLOKE are you talking about that MUSKRAT model made by the "Knives Of Alaska" company? That is one cool little skinning and all purpose blade.

Don't know if they can patent or trademark the name of a knife model from another knife company :confused:
kirill.sergueev

Post by kirill.sergueev »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:21 pm
Relax he can only do those hostile takeovers with companies that have publicly traded stock. Spyderco as far as I know is not a publicly traded company. If anything I would bet that Mr. Elon Musk would be intrigued and want to do business. It might be bad for all of us because if the Spyder bit him the way it has bit most of us he might just gobble up every folder available :eek: . But I do think that he would revel in the Salt Series :cool:
Axaxaxaxaxaxa...he can give an offer that Mr. Glesser is not able to refuse...And then Elon Musk gets all Spydercos for himself. :p
Tims

Post by Tims »

I don’t think Spyderco makes a Spork, so a Wooden kit Dragonfly.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sal would never sell out.
Josh
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:43 pm
Sal would never sell out.
No I don't believe he ever would either. I do however believe that both men have a lot more in common than most people think. The enthusiasm and drive that both men possess is very similar. I have no doubt that Mr. Elon Musk would instantly fall in love with Spyderco's great products.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

This thread makes me smile, I was a security guard at Tesla before the Model X line was assembled. I was close to the Musk on several occasions as I would stand stoic in the lobby roughly an hour and rotate.

He is definitely a nerd, and a bit eccentric so I could see him with a Spydiechef, Tuff, Kris or the Techno 2.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

I hope he stays away from Spyderco and doesn't find out they exist otherwise production will be delayed.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

For Musk a Tusk.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I've always pictured him carrying a Techno 2 or a McNees in his coin pocket of his jeans
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've got a hunch that if Elon Musk ever get's hooked on Spyderco knives like most of us have it will most definitely be time for a NEW HAWKBILL :cool:

So maybe "Now's The Time" for a new Hawkbill finally :D Or like I said earlier he might be more of a "Swiss Army Knife" type of guy. It would seem to me that he might be far more pragmatic than most of us realize.

Very interesting answers so far though. It is not easy trying to get into someone else's mind>> especially a smart visionary like he is.
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

A G10 Native in Vanax SC, "Tesla" steel :D
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well that's extremely interesting Tom :) I just made up that stuff about Elon Musk and what Spyder he might like after seeing a very interesting interview he did. I had no idea that there really was a knife designed specifically for SPACEX ( One of Mr. Musk's companies). And using XHP blade steel on top of everything else. Talk about a really strange coincidence :rolleyes:

However I do find it rather interesting. The price tag is pretty lofty>> but I'm sure that's not even a bar tip for Mr. Musk. I would love to look at one of those in person. Thanks for putting that up TOM :)
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I can say, having read through this thread, I’ve never given him this much of my time. I likely never will again.