Which Spyder For Mr. Elon Musk?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Which Spyder For Mr. Elon Musk?

Post by JD Spydo »

With our new, modern age, super genius Mr. Elon Musk making new headlines almost on a daily basis I'm starting to wonder what Spyderco model would be appropriate for him. Being the innovator and visionary brainy guy that he is I was just thinking of which Spyder would be right for him to carry. At first I thought he was actually a guy you would see with a Swiss Army Knife but the more I think about it I'm willing to bet that he would probably like a more high tech Spyderco model.

For those of you who are not familiar with his name he is the CEO of the TESLA car company as well as the brainchild behind the "SPACEX" corporation>> and he has his fingers in several other ventures as well. For all intent and purposes he is truly a modern day version of Albert Einstein in many ways :cool:

Being he has recently made the goal of wanting to die on the planet mars at the end of his natural life I'm thinking that a Para2 with one of the better super blade steels might be what he would like the best.

The more I think about it I would love to see Mr. Elon Musk and our esteemed leader Mr. Sal Glesser both collaborate on some new knife design. Because both companies are very innovative and the two companies have a lot in common. With all the videos I've viewed with Elon Musk I just really feel like he would be a great guy for Spyderco to reach out to.

Maybe they could have a Spyderco model they could sell with every TESLA car that comes off the assembly line? A TESLA-Spyder!! That just seems like a great idea to me. And I bet that Mr. Musk would like it too :cool:
joeldworkin307

Re: Which Spyder For Mr. Elon Musk?

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I'd give him a baliyo pen so he doesn't hurt himself.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

He would probably appreciate H1/LC for their low maintenance qualities. He doesn't strike me as the hands on DIY type.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

he strikes me as more of a we knives flavor of the week type of guy.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Something in LC200N seeings as how it was used for ball bearings in the space program.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
MattM68

Post by MattM68 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:45 am
Funny you would say that! I went into a Tesla “store” in a local mall last year and noticed one of the salesmen was carrying a knife. We talked for a bit and it turned out to be a WE knife!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 am
Something in LC200N seeings as how it was used for ball bearings in the space program.
You know in all seriousness I bet he would be intrigued with the Nitrogen based steels as much as he like's innovation and new stuff and new inventions as he does. That's really interesting. Last night I was watching an interview he did with Joe Rogan and it was hilarious and educational at the same time.

For some reason I do seriously believe that him and Sal would really hit it off with the entrepreneurial spirit that both of them have.
setldown

Post by setldown »

I would envision him carrrying an OTF. The blade would launch then return to it's pad after the mission. Titanium handles, LC200N blade. Houston, put me on the list for #0002
navin johnson

Post by navin johnson »

Most of the "brilliant" wealthy techie people in my neck of the woods (whom all have bodyguards no doubt) aren't exactly fond of individual rights.

Many of these nobles have given to anti-gun and other anti-freedom organizations. And supported initiatives with huge money contributions that are asinine and archaic in an attack on citizens who do things legally.

And of course their collaboration with other elitist has de facto legalized heroin in my area.

I'd be curious to know his enlightened views about our Bill of Rights before reaching out to him on collaboration of a product that is not widely accepted in many parts of the United States.

I don't see a lot of these types of people throwing money at petitions to allow people in England to own a steak knife longer than 5 in in their own house.
rossco599

Post by rossco599 »

He seems like an otf or a custom protech guy. Whatever it would be it would be made the USA.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Something that says "Genius" and "Idiot" at the same time !
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

navin johnson wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:15 pm
Most of the "brilliant" wealthy techie people in my neck of the woods (whom all have bodyguards no doubt) aren't exactly fond of individual rights.

Many of these nobles have given to anti-gun and other anti-freedom organizations. And supported initiatives with huge money contributions that are asinine and archaic in an attack on citizens who do things legally.

And of course their collaboration with other elitist has de facto legalized heroin in my area.

I'd be curious to know his enlightened views about our Bill of Rights before reaching out to him on collaboration of a product that is not widely accepted in many parts of the United States.

I don't see a lot of these types of people throwing money at petitions to allow people in England to own a steak knife longer than 5 in in their own house.
That has George Soros and UN/Agenda 21 written all over it!
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah the more I think about it I do believe that Elon Musk would just love the Salt Series. Because there is a practical, hard working side to him and in many ways he is pragmatic rather than being vain from what I've gathered about him.

I'm betting that the new LC200N Native model would be right up his alley :cool:
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

joeldworkin307 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:20 am
I'd give him a baliyo pen so he doesn't hurt himself.
Hahahahahaha :D
Josh
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

MattM68 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:07 am
ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:45 am
Funny you would say that! I went into a Tesla “store” in a local mall last year and noticed one of the salesmen was carrying a knife. We talked for a bit and it turned out to be a WE knife!
hahahahaha!!!
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Navin, Rossco,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

No offense but Elon Musk is certainly no modern-day version of Einstein. Thomas Edison would probably be a closer match, and I understand he was also quite the character to deal with. Musk is not known for his (non-existent) work in theoretical physics. ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:43 pm
No offense but Elon Musk is certainly no modern-day version of Einstein. Thomas Edison would probably be a closer match, and I understand he was also quite the character to deal with. Musk is not known for his (non-existent) work in theoretical physics. ;)
OK I can live with that and you're probably right on in some respects. But anyone who is enough of a visionary to start corporations, start new high end products and even go as far as start a private outer space exploration company is still above and beyond most of us who work 9 to 5 each day. I've seen about 6 of his different interviews and from what I can discern he is a whole lot more intelligent than any of those social media icons and has a lot more savvy than most of your computer geeks ( Bill Gates ect). Larry Ellison of Oracle Systems is one of the very few visionaries I can compare him to. So with all that said I think it's safe to conclude that he is one smart dude compared to the average Joe.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

The spyderco weed smoker is pretty popular these days-
Very popular in collarado, USA, earth.

In all seriousness... he has robots to cut things for him.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

He and Sal would create a new "Fire and Ice" line of knives. All capable of shooting flames while floating in space. And they'd all have internal solar powered batteries so you can charge your phone on the go.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.