Spydero Moran in action

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skidoosh

Spydero Moran in action

Post by Skidoosh »

https://youtu.be/_-Wdwjlu9mY
I came across this video- not really recent but they guy is making great use of a Moran trailing point. If you are sensitive to dead stuff don't watch it.
JD Spydo

Re: Spydero Moran in action

Post by JD Spydo »

That's a great video. And I've always had a ton of respect for anything that the late Bill Moran ever designed. I got the esteemed privilege of meeting the late Bill Moran on a couple of occasions at the Atlanta, GA BLADE Show. He was a most gracious, humble prince of a man and extremely kind. He spent quite a few minutes explaining some things to me at a couple of the BLADE Shows before he passed away. And I hope Spyderco never discontinues that great MORAN fixed blade.

But for about a dozen reasons I still like the TEMPERANCE 1 fixed blade model the very best of all of Spyderco's great fixed blades. Not sure of all the reasons but it fits me like a tailor made glove when I use it and the blade design on the TEMP 1 seems close to what I deem as near perfect.

But if they ever do a Sprint run of the MORAN in either blade variety in one of the supersteels I will latch on to it.