The One That Got Away...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Eli Chaps
Member
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:56 am

The One That Got Away...

Postby Eli Chaps » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:22 pm

For me it is undoubtedly the Pattada. I kept saying I'd get one and then all of a sudden...poof...gone. Sleek and slicey, the things I love. Wire clip too.

Sigh...

I screwed up on that one. I should've supported Spyderco's endeavor there. I know I can watch the secondary market but that is more complicated, and, like I said, I should've tossed my dollars behind it while in production to show support not just for the exact knife, but the concept.

Do you have one that got away?

User avatar
Spydersense
Member
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Spydersense » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Slysz Bowie
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt

Nate
Member
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 am
Location: Hurtling through space...

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 pm

The Pattada should still be fairly available under $200 from what I see. Good luck on it.

I know the feeling a bit, currently with the Sprig and back lock Manix. The reality is that there's just no way for me to buy them all though. :)

The current "top 10" thread had me feeling a little guilty again, since I like the PITS so much but wasn't willing to buy it until it was at disco'd pricing AND I had an Ebay coupon. At least it didn't get away, but feel like I'm part of the reason it isn't still in the around.

The current Baby Horn sprint that's still hanging around is another one that seems like it won't really be appreciated till it's gone.
:spyder:

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Sumdumguy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Nate wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 pm
The Pattada should still be fairly available under $200 from what I see. Good luck on it.

I know the feeling a bit, currently with the Sprig and back lock Manix. The reality is that there's just no way for me to buy them all though. :)

The current "top 10" thread had me feeling a little guilty again, since I like the PITS so much but wasn't willing to buy it until it was at disco'd pricing AND I had an Ebay coupon. At least it didn't get away, but feel like I'm part of the reason it isn't still in the around.

The current Baby Horn sprint that's still hanging around is another one that seems like it won't really be appreciated till it's gone.
The Baby Horn is a glorious knife! I need to buy another... 2 or 3...

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby SF Native » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Sent you a pm on where to find one.

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2202
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 pm

You know I go by feel and I'll be switched if I was not right to buy a backup of the military CF TI in S90V and the Military in CTS-204P just before they slap ran out.

Both had been somehow overlooked and missed but once I bought one I had to have a backup of each. I know the Police in K390 is slated to be released through 2019 but gosh darn it that knife is talking to me loud and clear as well. I already own one looks like there will be a second before the years out.
:)

Hatchet 7419
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Hatchet 7419 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:28 pm

SAGE 4 ..... I have all the other ones but that one .

Hatchet 7419
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Hatchet 7419 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Can’t find it anywhere

User avatar
attila
Member
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Maryland

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby attila » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm

C13 Pro-grip/Pro-venator.

Image

When I was young, I used to thumb through mail-order catalogs, and I distinctly remember admiring the stainless C13 with rubber inlays. I wanted a lot of things back then, but had no money for any of them. Now, I fondly remember admiring this and several other interests of my youth.

I wish I could have bought one, and due to similar blade shape and aesthetics, I was thinking about getting a comboedge UKPK. Those are still around on occasion, but the C13 is nowhere to be found.

Recently, it's the red M390 PM2, HAP40 Stretch, and a couple others I would like to have gotten my grubbies on, but I wish that C13 had been my first :spyder:
Own: VG-10 Delica, Old S30V Native, modified Breeden Rescue, VG-10 Delica, HAP40 Endura, ZDP-189 Dragonfly, S110V Manix 2 LW,Pakkawood Delica, Cruwear Para 3, SE H1 Dragonfly, M4 Manix 2, HAP40 Caly 3, smooth G10 S90V Native, K390 Urban, Pakkawood Dragonfly, smooth G10 Cruwear PM2, SE Pacific Salt, HAP40 Jazzlica, Blurple Native, P.I.T.S., DLC Manix 2, REX 45 PM2, REX 45 Para 3, XHP Manix 2 LW, Superblue Caly 3, DLT 20CV PM2, Rhino, SB Calypso Jr., B70P, PMA11, K03, G10 ZDP-189 Stretch 2, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix 2 LW, KW 204p PM2, Swick, Supergold Delica, back lock Lil'Native, AEB-L Urban, HAP40 Stretch, smooth G10 Cruwear Manix 2, Cruwear Military, M390 PM2, Cruwear Delica, CPM 4V Lil'Native, Mantra 2, Cruwear & Micarta Shaman, M390 Para 3 LW, M390 Manix 2

Waiting for: Swick 5, and something purple
.

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2202
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm

:)

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2202
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Oops...

Apologies
:)

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2202
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:39 pm

attila wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm
C13 Pro-grip/Pro-venator.

Image

When I was young, I used to thumb through mail-order catalogs, and I distinctly remember admiring the stainless C13 with rubber inlays. I wanted a lot of things back then, but had no money for any of them. Now, I fondly remember admiring this and several other interests of my youth.

I wish I could have bought one, and due to similar blade shape and aesthetics, I was thinking about getting a comboedge UKPK. Those are still around on occasion, but the C13 is nowhere to be found.

Recently, it's the red M390 PM2, HAP40 Stretch, and a couple others I would like to have gotten my grubbies on, but I wish that C13 had been my first :spyder:
look here https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-PRO-V ... :rk:1:pf:0
:)

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2202
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Hefty price but calculate for inflation you are probably doing okay.
:)

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 4850
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Sharp Guy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:28 pm
SAGE 4 ..... I have all the other ones but that one .
For me this about the only one that has got away. Had the opportunity (twice) to buy a nice one for a reasonable price and didn't take the opportunity. Now they're all more than I'm willing to spend. No thanks, don't need one that bad!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 1618
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: The One That Got Away...

Postby Woodpuppy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I waffled on the Bushcraft too long. Then the disco blowout wiped them out and oh well. I think I’m pretty content. Para3 is just awesome.
That’s nice! Darn it.
:spyder: Current favs: M4 & CRUWEAR :spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Capt'n Boatsalot, elena86, Evil D, Google [Bot], GrandallK, Larrin, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot], pushcut, steelcity16, TkoK83Spy, Wartstein and 28 guests