Red G10 20CV Manix 2 - DLT EXCLUSIVE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wrdwrght

Re: Red G10 20CV Manix 2 - DLT EXCLUSIVE

Post by wrdwrght »

ferider wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 pm
Don't mean to argue, but I bought a BB M390 PM3 just a few months ago. Don't think that was a re-run.
Maybe Sal will hop in and say what is. :) This thread is the only basis for my surmise.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
PStone

Post by PStone »

BBS probably commissioned their run before the policy was put into place. Who knows how long it sat in Spyderco’s queue.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

anycal wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:47 pm
Skeletonized liners, I trust? At 4.3 oz?
I now, always think about this as well. Ever since the 5.0 oz. Burl came out.
:)
I talked to DLT about this. Two of these knives, were sent to DLT ahead of time. For pictures, etc. I suppose, at about the same time the Collectors Club Members knives, were lining up on the table. To get their numbers etched into place. Approximately, December 14th.

The guy I talked to, asked the guy who handled the knife extensively, and took the pictures for the site. He told me, that the knife does indeed have skeletonized liners. So it should weigh-in at about that 4.3 oz mark.

I've reached out to a couple of Collector Club Members this morning, but haven't heard back yet. At the time of me typing this. (9:12 AM CST Saturday December 22nd)
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Looks like I'll be getting my first Manix (assuming I get my order in)!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

This I am interested in. I will check their site on the 15th and if still available order. If I miss it no sleep will be lost. I do miss having a Manix, the CBBL is a sweet lock.
Josh
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Very tempting. I dont have any red g10 yet.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:46 pm
I hear ya Matt. I don't have any with a satin blade and am torn between this knife and awaiting the DLT PM2 to be released again. I prefer the PM2 to the Manix, but this price is really hard to pass up, especially with the steel offered.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Kevin, now has this knife on video > https://youtu.be/_2ypGrCdsB0
A beauty, to be sure!
Resistance, is futile . . . .
:)
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

Need a friend for my CPM 4V.
blues

Post by blues »

Colorodo wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Need a friend for my CPM 4V.
Good lookin' redhead is never a bad answer. ;)
- Retired from the chase -
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

A Red Spyderco Sunday Christmas miracle!

We forgot a package in the car last night, after doing some after Dinner shopping. Not realizing we left it in there, until this afternoon. So I go out to get it. On the way back, I checked the Mailbox, out of habit. Not thinking for that moment, that it was Sunday.

Look at what I found! :D
It was scheduled for delivery, Monday. My local Post Office, for some odd reason. Delivered it this afternoon.
Checking on the Tracking again now. Shows it arrived in town, today, at 11:30 AM.

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:52 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:46 pm
I hear ya Matt. I don't have any with a satin blade and am torn between this knife and awaiting the DLT PM2 to be released again. I prefer the PM2 to the Manix, but this price is really hard to pass up, especially with the steel offered.
Only reason I might pass on this one, my last purchase was the 4V manix. I'm still enjoying that one, might want to wait for a model I don't have yet.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

This is very tempting, but 3 out of the last 4 knives I've bought have been Manix 2's... and the other one was red, a Knives Plus acid-washed, reground Delica :cool:

I'm going to try to stay away from the phone on 15 Jan and hold out for a sprint or exclusive Manix 2 XL, hopefully CPM M4.

...but if the red M2 was stone washed like the one in SteveMidwest's pics above almost appears to be, the way the light is hitting it, I don't think I'd resist :p
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

DougC-3 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:15 pm

...but if the red M2 was stone washed like the one in SteveMidwest's pics above almost appears to be, the way the light is hitting it, I don't think I'd resist :p
No, this blade does have a Satin finish. I'm sorry for the poor picture. I took these pictures indoors, under a new light. It doesn't work very well. So I'm swapping it out, with a new one Amazon is bringing me on Thursday.

Plus, I am having a heck of a time uploading pictures here, from my Google Album.
From there, I can create a link of the picture, but it won't upload here. So, I have to share it to my Twitter timeline, and use a link to that picture, to share here. The Twitter picture resolution in downgraded. So sharing it, isn't the best. :(
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Steve, how do you already have one? CC or something?
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:52 am
Steve, how do you already have one? CC or something?
Yes, I was able to talk a CC Member into letting me borrow his, until January 18th-ish. :)
DrawBackwards

Post by DrawBackwards »

I’ve been hoping for a Manix in the m390 family. It’s a Christmas miracle (in January)! :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:23 am
DougC-3 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:15 pm

No, this blade does have a Satin finish. I'm sorry for the poor picture. I took these pictures indoors, under a new light. It doesn't work very well. So I'm swapping it out, with a new one Amazon is bringing me on Thursday.

Plus, I am having a heck of a time uploading pictures here, from my Google Album.
From there, I can create a link of the picture, but it won't upload here. So, I have to share it to my Twitter timeline, and use a link to that picture, to share here. The Twitter picture resolution in downgraded. So sharing it, isn't the best. :(
I actually like the way the blade looks in the pics and didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing it. It's really hard to predict how blades will look sometimes, depending on how the grind marks reflect the light, etc. I've seen some similar shots in knife store ads.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Conan

Post by Conan »

**** yeah, I need this knife!
ferider

Post by ferider »

Just trying to get a good picture:

And in case you wonder, all my user G10/CF M2s get an additional spacer. And I'm not a fan of pocket clips, obviously.

Roland.