Amalgam blade centering

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tugboat6371

Amalgam blade centering

Post by tugboat6371 »

I just recieved my Amalgam and I disassemble most of my spyderco knifes because I work in wet conditions and I like to add some extra corrosion protection, but with the Amalgam I cannot get the blade back to center I have tried every configuration as far as tightening pattern. I can get it centered but when I tighten the scale screws all the way I loose center. Any suggestions.
Bluuwickedd

Re: Amalgam blade centering

Post by Bluuwickedd »

What did you use to give it "extra corrosion protection"?
:spyder: s30v all the way
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Mine has the same issue. If I loosen the middle handle screw it centers up but it leaves a gap between the stand off and the scale. I just learned to deal with the blade not being centered. As long as it's not touching the scales.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
tugboat6371

Post by tugboat6371 »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm
Mine has the same issue. If I loosen the middle handle screw it centers up but it leaves a gap between the stand off and the scale. I just learned to deal with the blade not being centered. As long as it's not touching the scales.
I have gotten mine back pretty close by adding a paper thin washer from a leatherman to the center standoff and by tweaking the screws over and over but it is still not perfect and now i am sure my screws are taking wear. let me know if you make any progress.
tugboat6371

Post by tugboat6371 »

I found a trick that puts it mostly back centered, if you loosen the scale screws on the side the blade favors and the torque the entire knife by pressing the middle with one end off the table you should see the blade shift to the opposite side it favors, while holding in that position tighten the screws back. this has pretty much solved my issue.
tugboat6371

Post by tugboat6371 »

Bluuwickedd wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:37 pm
What did you use to give it "extra corrosion protection"?
froglube
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

tugboat6371 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm
I found a trick that puts it mostly back centered, if you loosen the scale screws on the side the blade favors and the torque the entire knife by pressing the middle with one end off the table you should see the blade shift to the opposite side it favors, while holding in that position tighten the screws back. this has pretty much solved my issue.
Cool I'll try that. I spent a good hour on it one day, to no avail.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN