Spyderco Military and Paramilitary in LC100N and FRN: My new grails.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ferider

Re: Spyderco Military and Paramilitary in LC100N and FRN: My new grails.

Post by ferider »

I don't believe that - due to construction - you will ever see a Military in FRN and LC200N. Maybe with a Ti framelock. The G10 Military would have to be modified to become a completely different knife.

My guess is that the PM 2 would be feasible and cool :)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

ferider wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm
I don't believe that - due to construction - you will ever see a Military in FRN and LC200N. Maybe with a Ti framelock. The G10 Military would have to be modified to become a completely different knife.

What makes you believe that? Seems pretty straightforward and simple to swap out hardware on a G10.
ferider

Post by ferider »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:06 pm
ferider wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

What makes you believe that? Seems pretty straightforward and simple to swap out hardware on a G10.
We discussed this in a different thread: yes, you could simply swap out hardware, but would loose the point in using LC200N as G10 MIlitary lock and stop pin apparently require less stainless steel(s). No evidence other than observation, for example on my S110V Militaries.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Require?

Perhaps the S110V version just used stock components as corrosion proof as is implied by the use of LC200N was not the spirit of the design as it is with a Salt series knife.

As far as corrosion goes I will say owning both S110V and S90V these are might impressive steels I have left a S90V blade on my hapstone for over a month now taking my time resetting the bevels to 10 degrees using water and just purposly ignoring it, a little patina where the blade is magnetically held shows but other than that nothing. Will flitz that off later sure most of it is steel dust and diamond anyway.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I keep coming back to wanting a G10 Military Salt! It is a great "yard" knife with the liner lock that is designed for easy open/close with gloves on. But in my mind, a yard knife should be something like an H1 Salt. Strong and tough and completely stainless and maintenance free. I would love to see G10 Military Salts in PE H1, PE LC200N, and SE H1. I would buy all three!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
fkmtb07

Post by fkmtb07 »

I'd be all about a lightweight Para 3 Salt, but a PM2 Salt would be awesome too! It's going to take a lot to kick the Salt 2 out of my pocket as a trail running / kayaking / beach shenanigans blade!
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

BigGrove wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:24 am
I’m confused... Can something that doesn’t exist be a grail? I thought grails are something you hoped to own but don’t due to price or scarcity, etc.
This^
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

BigGrove wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:24 am
I’m confused... Can something that doesn’t exist be a grail? I thought grails are something you hoped to own but don’t due to price or scarcity, etc.

Maybe "unicorn" is a better word than grail.

Also since the Police 4 LW is coming, maybe it has a better chance of getting the Salt treatment, at least it's already in FRN.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David