Paramilitary 2 with lc200n or H1?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
James Y

Re: Paramilitary 2 with lc200n or H1?

Post by James Y »

Interesting that DLC coating was used for the purpose of resisting rust, because several years ago, I called Spyderco on the phone and asked a rep if the DLC coating (on the DLC-coated Military) improved corrosion resistance, and she told me that it doesn't.

Jim
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 pm
Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:28 pm
I’d like this but how would they do it? The whole knife would have to be rust proof.

I figure if they can do the Caribbean with Salt liners they can do a Military since it has even less liners.

That’s a good point. I guess I was thinking about the trouble they had with the Native salts backlock. They DLC coated it to combat rust, so I figured they’d have to do something similar for the pm2/Millie liner.

I wonder why they can pull it off with the Caribbean but not the Native (backlock).
where are you getting the info that the DLC was used to combat rust?

Im pretty sure you wont see DLC on PM2/Millie liners as it affects the functionality of them
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

husq2100 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:40 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 pm
Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:28 pm
I’d like this but how would they do it? The whole knife would have to be rust proof.

I figure if they can do the Caribbean with Salt liners they can do a Military since it has even less liners.

That’s a good point. I guess I was thinking about the trouble they had with the Native salts backlock. They DLC coated it to combat rust, so I figured they’d have to do something similar for the pm2/Millie liner.

I wonder why they can pull it off with the Caribbean but not the Native (backlock).
where are you getting the info that the DLC was used to combat rust?

Im pretty sure you wont see DLC on PM2/Millie liners as it affects the functionality of them
I was wrong, they didn’t coat the backlock in dlc. I don’t know what the coating is on the screws but from the product description it’s there to combat corrosion.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra