Page 3 of 5

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:38 pm
by attila
sal wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi Attila,

We'll be using the same bi-directional texture as the Endura FRN family. It's an effective pattern for working, has good traction, the maker is comfortable with it and it's sot of his trademark. (We try to use different patterns for different makers). We'll use the same pattern for the Endela and the Rock Jumper. We'll use back for the VG-10 version, BRG for the ZDP. I haven't decoded on the K390 yet. Somewhere between gray and midnight blue.

sal
Sal,

Thank you for the response and confirmation of those details.

I look forward to their releases!

Attila

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 pm
by Mom3ntuM
I had to Google endela,, i guess its endura
:)

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 pm
by attila
Mom3ntuM wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 pm
I had to Google endela,, i guess its endura
:)
No, Endela is a separate knife in between the Endura and Delica in size. It's still somewhere in the planning/production phases.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:34 pm
by Mattysc42
If Taichung and Golden knives are possible, the manix xl or sliverax in k390 would be amazing. The manix xl needs more sprints in general. The wharncliffe endura when it’s released would be an amazing option as well.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:03 pm
by AccountDeletedUserRequest
Mattysc42 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:34 pm
If Taichung and Golden knives are possible, the manix xl or sliverax in k390 would be amazing. The manix xl needs more sprints in general.
Well said :)

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:10 am
by anagarika
sal wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:24 am
For the FRN Police, we're planning VG-10, ZDP and K390 variations. The ZDP and K390 versions are considerably more expensive to produce. I've been happy with my P4 K390 version and It finds it's way into my pocket often.

Would a K390 sprint series like the Endura family be more desirable or a single model? A series would be major project.

sal
I’d like to see it like current sprint for the family (HAP-40, V-Toku 2) but why not see first if the P4 FRN in K390 has enough interest? Of course size matters so it may not be a good indicator ..

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:29 am
by abbazaba
Endela in K390 could be my dream come true if it was similar to a 3.5" Police4 (smoothed finger grooves, choil, slim).

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:36 am
by TomAiello
Mattysc42 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:34 pm
If Taichung and Golden knives are possible, the manix xl or sliverax in k390 would be amazing. The manix xl needs more sprints in general.
Manix XL in K390 would be awesome.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:45 am
by Mom3ntuM
attila wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 pm
Mom3ntuM wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 pm
I had to Google endela,, i guess its endura
:)
No, Endela is a separate knife in between the Endura and Delica in size. It's still somewhere in the planning/production phases.
Oh,, i thought it was a typo.
😂

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:34 pm
by DougC-3
abbazaba wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:29 am
Endela in K390 could be my dream come true if it was similar to a 3.5" Police4 (smoothed finger grooves, choil, slim).
You have hit the nail on the head. I like my P4 so much I've wished for an 8-inch version which could be my main EDC. Except for the PM2, I feel that the 8" size is very neglected, and it's my favorite EDC size. An 8" Police Cub or Cadet would be an immediate hit and a favorite EDC. It would have the same extra-thin-carry G-10 and other P4 attributes. But that would be a whole new knife project.

In the meantime, I would be fairly ecstatic about a K390 Endela!! I would be free to replace the FRN with thin Police-like G-10, etc, if I wanted to.

Personally, K390 is my favorite steel and I'd like to see it used in this order:

Manix 2 and Manix 2 XL
Model R with any scales
Endela
Endura

But I would buy them all in any order if I were alive and well (heeled) :D Also a K390 Wharnfly !

So, is there any news about separate sprints or the Seki series in K390?

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:41 pm
by Baron Mind
K390 everything. Please.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm
by marty_bill_
My P4 K390 is off getting DLC right now. Doing the blade, liners, and all hardware. Very excited to get this back.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm
by JonLeBlanc
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm
My P4 K390 is off getting DLC right now. Doing the blade, liners, and all hardware. Very excited to get this back.
Oh, that's cool! Can you post pics when you get it back?

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm
by Marulaghost
I'd be so down for an endela or delica wharncliffe in K390

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 pm
by marty_bill_
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm
My P4 K390 is off getting DLC right now. Doing the blade, liners, and all hardware. Very excited to get this back.
Oh, that's cool! Can you post pics when you get it back?
Definitely! Will do. I'm pretty excited about it being all murdered out like that is going look awesome I think? If nothing else it will definitely be corrosion resistant and more of a full time packing knife for sure.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:50 pm
by JonLeBlanc
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm
My P4 K390 is off getting DLC right now. Doing the blade, liners, and all hardware. Very excited to get this back.
Oh, that's cool! Can you post pics when you get it back?
Definitely! Will do. I'm pretty excited about it being all murdered out like that is going look awesome I think? If nothing else it will definitely be corrosion resistant and more of a full time packing knife for sure.
Haha def. I've been loving my Police4, to the point where I don't even care if people think it's overkill lol.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:56 pm
by marty_bill_
Yeah right on! I've never cared, but all my family\friends expect it. My family are my coworkers so that's no problem. Small knives will never do what a big knife will do ,but most big knives will do bout anything a small knife will!

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:08 pm
by DougC-3
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:56 pm
Yeah right on! I've never cared, but all my family\friends expect it. My family are my coworkers so that's no problem. Small knives will never do what a big knife will do ,but most big knives will do bout anything a small knife will!
True, even shaving your tender earlobes, but you have to be careful and not be close to anyone who flails their arms about ;)

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:54 pm
by Dee
PM2 tanto, K390

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:57 pm
by AccountDeletedUserRequest
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:18 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm
marty_bill_ wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm
My P4 K390 is off getting DLC right now. Doing the blade, liners, and all hardware. Very excited to get this back.
Oh, that's cool! Can you post pics when you get it back?
Definitely! Will do. I'm pretty excited about it being all murdered out like that is going look awesome I think? If nothing else it will definitely be corrosion resistant and more of a full time packing knife for sure.
Can you PM me contact info and pricing? I'd love to get mine done if they do a good job with yours.