Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Sal, are there any plans for another K390 knife?

Post by Doc Dan »

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 am
I have plans to make the entire Endura family in K390. BU wasn't planning on making an more K390 until October so we're just waiting on material.

sal
Well, now you have my attention! This is fantastic. When are you looking at a release date? Perhaps late Spring or early Summer?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Marulaghost wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:21 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 am
Well, I’ll be... Looks like my Endura family is going to grow. K390 is one of my faves.

I’m curious what had to happen in Seki City for European steel to be allowed into Japanese-made knives.
The EU and Japan recently signed a trade pact i believe
Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but BU is now part of voestalpine and they claim to have 56 companies in 11 southeast Asia countries now, including Japan, not to mention 500 companies in 50 countries in all five continents (& California) :eek:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 am
I have plans to make the entire Endura family in K390. BU wasn't planning on making an more K390 until October so we're just waiting on material.

sal
I'm very excited about this! Would these be a sprint run or a regular production option? If K390 went into regular production for the Endura family, that would break my bank account... :eek: :D