Some things I would like to see from Spyderco ... you?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Some things I would like to see from Spyderco ... you?

Post by Sumdumguy »

Vivi wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm
Would a CBBL Native offer anything a backlock Native does not, besides a new lock type?
Yea, it would offer me a reason not to buy it! ;)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bring back the Stretch 1:
Though the currrent Stretch 2 is a good one, I liked the Stretch 1 (quite recently discontinued) a lot better: More cutting edge in less closed length, hand placed closer to the edge in a not choked up position, tip more acute, for me personally better ergonomics (I like that "hook" or "parrot beak like feature" at the rear end of Stretch 1 handle)
Only thing I would transfer from the current stretch 2 to a fiction "new" stretch 1: Extending the blade in width further down so that there is no step between Ricasso (choil) and the cutting edge
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JMSIII

Post by JMSIII »

I would like to see a custom shop, with a custom page to design your own knife. Make the most popular knives available, and then take a poll from this forum for a couple of additional models to be added. Yes, some might get pricey, but the guy ordering it won't care.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Vivi wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm
Would a CBBL Native offer anything a backlock Native does not, besides a new lock type?
I’m thinking more like a non-flipping domino shaved down by 1/8” in blade length and use a cbbl. The native is not small manix. The handle is too short and it tapers on the back end. Blade shape is a more drop point than leaf.
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

I’d like to see a compression lock flipper with G10 scales on both sides. A Paramilitary flipper would be something.
Delica 4 FFG
Paramilitary 2 DLC Digicam
Brad Southard flipper (missing in action)
Sharpmaker
Gayle Bradley 2.
Gayle Bradley Air
RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

Would love to see more Lc200N models.
Full flat ground LC200N Wharnnies from the sale line would be great!

More slipjoints are welcome. Especially with new, exciting and experimental steels. Way cheaper to buy into a slipjoint with fancy steel vs. other models with fancy steel.

More kitchen knives!!!!

Something that compares to a Benchmade 200 Puuko. Affordable bushcraft/ camp knife with scandy edge with great dirable steel for an affordable price. Benchmade did it- why can Spyderco not?!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

HAP72 Endura
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
wildcat33

Post by wildcat33 »

First time poster here. hello everyone.

I'd love to see the Slysz Bowie 2 come around. Looks like the perfect knife for me but second hand prices are insane.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Posted this somewhere else already, but it fits this thread:

I´d like to see two additional versions of the Kapara, since I like the blade and handle shape (especially the cutting edge to closed length ratio) so much:

1.) A "budget-version": Same overall shape, but FRN scales, backlock and even VG 10 would be ok with me. Would be kind of an "Endura 5"
2.) A more "outdoorsy version": Keep everything as it is in the existing Kapara, but scales made of rough Micarta and a little jimping on the ramp and in the choil.

I´d purchase all 3 versions I guess... ;)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

K390 and CTS XHP wharnie Delica.
Last edited by Jazz on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
- best wishes, Jazz.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I would love if all future Salt models had H1 for the SE blade and LC200N for the PE blade. I so badly want some H1 SE in the Golden lineup.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Third time I come back to this thread.. ;)

I´d like to see a quite heavily modified Native 5 LW: Get rid of the choil, so the cutting edge extends all the way back to the handle; move that "guard" on the handle forward, so you get a good four finger grip and when doing so, your hand is placed close to where the edge starts.

Some will say, that would be not a Native anymore; others that there are Spyderco models that already look like that.
But: Really? For the (relatively low) price of the Native LW? In S30V /S 35 VN? At that minmal weight? Featuring the best backlock ever?

Don´t say Centofante 3, that hollow grind is something really different...

Howsoever, I like my Native 5, but there are times when I´d wish for more cutting edge in that great leaf shaped blade and not having to choke up for a really good grip (my hands are at least large, leaning towards X-large)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 am
Compression lock flipper all the things!!!!!!1!!11!!!!!

Just kidding. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Actually I'd like to see more sprints of classic models in modern steels. (cue JD lol).
Yeah like a JD Smith in K390 or M-4>> or better yet a C-60 Ayoob model in M390 or REX-45. A C-36 Military in a new Carpenter Supersteel that hasn't been introduced yet. All of the above in Micarta or CF handles

Bringing back models from the GOLDEN ERA of SPYDERS (1998-2004) in newer/better blade steels would be a grand idea indeed. And I'm wide open for suggestions for handle materials for many of the older models..> What the heck even bring back the original type Micarta scales for revamped GOLDEN ERA models :cool: A new C-44 Dyad in Micarta and LC200N on both blades.
BobABQ

Post by BobABQ »

A would love to see a Dragonfly with a premium blade steel and a nice set of blue g10 handle scales.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Jazz wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:42 am
K390 and CRS XHP wharnie Delica.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Yes
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Larger batches for popular sprint runs.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Fourth post here, since every day another thing I´d like to see from Spyderco comes to my mind.. ;)

An affordable, lightweight fixed blade, featuring a little longer edge than the Enuff has: Just half an inch to one inch more would be ok; FRN would be ok; VG 10 and a drop in price or keep the current price and make it S30 V in return.
BobABQ

Post by BobABQ »

I would love to see a sprint run of the Lil'Native with blurple handle scales, a backpack and to be honest I am very happy with s30v blade steel.
Compression lock would be ok with me too.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am
Fourth post here, since every day another thing I´d like to see from Spyderco comes to my mind.. ;)

An affordable, lightweight fixed blade, featuring a little longer edge than the Enuff has: Just half an inch to one inch more would be ok; FRN would be ok; VG 10 and a drop in price (compared to the Enuff) or keep the current Enuff price and make it S30 V in return.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:36 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am

An affordable, lightweight fixed blade, featuring a little longer edge than the Enuff has: Just half an inch to one inch more would be ok; FRN would be ok; VG 10 and a drop in price (compared to the Enuff) or keep the current Enuff price and make it S30 V in return.

What about the Moran fixed blades?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"