What was your first Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DutchBlades

Re: What was your first Spyderco?

Post by DutchBlades »

Stainless Endura 2 :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
FK

Post by FK »

Delica Generation 1, I purchased it from local gun shop,,,, blade has no steel identification, must be from 1990-1991 era.
Still tight and in excellent condition, black FRN with integral clip,,, fully serrated.

FK
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I think I owned my endura first, but it was the sage 1 that really got me started.
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

I got infected april 2017. A LW Native 5 s35vn PE bit me hard. Soon i felt the urge of buying more and more and more...
It really became a problem when i learned to sharpen.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Tenacious for my son and Manix 2 S110v /Fluted titanium military for me ...all within a 10 day period early this year. I stop counting how many Spyderco knives I've purchased some time ago...having fun for sure! :)

James
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Mine was a Snap it in Gin-1. I bought it at REI sometime in the early 90s.
ucfgrad93

Post by ucfgrad93 »

My kids got me a Native 5 LW in S110V steel for Father’s Day this year.
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

My First pocket knives ever (i ordered 2) where a digicam dlc coated Pm2 and a 940 Osbourne. The 940 has never been used.
😂
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Walker

Post by Walker »

A Shaman about 6 weeks ago. I already picked up a PM2 in S35VN. More to come I'm sure. My BM AFO II I've carried for the last year is gonna have a hard time finding a home when it returns from Oregon with a new blade.
Crux

Post by Crux »

PM2 s110v
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
DBCOOPER

Post by DBCOOPER »

About 3-4 years ago I got the tenacious, man I do miss that thing, I beat the **** out of it too, batoned so many logs and wires, but gifted it after getting more sypdercos and other knives, wish I got into Spyderco sooner, before that I'd just buy a Walmart knife and use it till it got dull cuz I couldn't sharpen then xD
It's wat got me into high end knives tbh
I came here to cut sh#$ with my knives and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum
CyberRacer

Post by CyberRacer »

Still have mine
IMG_4203.JPG
JMSIII

Post by JMSIII »

Endura 4 with full serrations, that I won when qualifying at the range. Now I have 9 Spyderco's. Have a couple NIB for sale, because I want to buy other Spyderco's. Yes, I have become a Spyderco guy... :)
agony

Post by agony »

Gen 1 Delica, partially serrated AUS-8 that I bought new from a knife kiosk at the local mall in 1995.
It was my first 'real knife.' The integrated FRN clip was totally revolutionary to me. Prior to the delica, I would carry a Swiss army knife in a belt pouch.
Grjfer

Post by Grjfer »

Endura 1 with the spydiedge. Bought it in 1990 or 1991.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

My late uncle had a funny habit of buiyng 2 of every knife just because. I bought the identical twin to this one in the early 90's, carried it every day for more than 12 years straight, then misplaced and lost it. When i told him he said "i have one just like it, matter of fact i bought 2 back then"
Had to buy it of course :) This one doesn't get used, it's sitting in the collection as a sentimental reminder of both my first Spyderco and my late beloved uncle.

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Back in 1997 my best friend bought an Endura. I had always carried a cheap knife, but really liked the opening hole. I did some looking around at Spyderco's other models and discovered the C35 Q, which I bought on eBay for $25 or so. Ever since then, I've been a Spyderco guy.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

My first Spydie was an Endura I bought in 1996. I thought it was so cool. It was such a unique looking knife at the time and it definitely appealed to my inner ninja. Unfortunately, I lost that knife in a move just a month after I bought it.

It was more than 15 years before I bought my next Spyderxo, a Dragonfly Salt. I was hooked and immediately joined the forum and got some edgucation and the collection grew quickly.
dammyippon

Post by dammyippon »

A delica 4 ffg with blue handles. I got it the year (I think) the ffg models came out and I still have and carry it often.
Adam Brands Þórarinsson
Reference_Sensor

Post by Reference_Sensor »

I still have my first one, a Delica with the FRN pocket clip, that I bought at Edgewater Mall in Biloxi, MS back in 1991. This little knife was so remarkably different from everything else around it in the case that I just had to try it, and that was all she wrote. I've got a hoard of Syprderco knives now, these many years and weary miles later.

My next was a FRN Endura that I carried as a work knife, and after the clip sheared off coming out of the hatchway of an air handling unit I was building, I sanded down the remainder of the clip attachment and carried it as a "regular" pocket knife until I saw the stainless Endura II. Carried the Endura II all around the world in 2004-2005, from Camp Shelby to Fort Irwin to Kuwait and Iraq, this nifty little powerhouse of a blade made life a whole lot easier as I zipped through packing materials, valiantly slew hundreds of MREs and all the other various tasks a knife is called upon to accomplish. It shows quite a bit of wear and use, but is still razor sharp and occupies a place of honor in my collection.

I retired the old Endura II after I started working at Camp Shelby, and bought a Foliage Green Endura for uniform wear, and carried that one until 2010, when I was getting ready for Afghanistan. Picked up a black Endura with the DLC blade at the Fort Hood Clothing Sales shop before we shipped, and it has been an awesome knife. Still has Afghan dust in the crevices of the handle scales, and it still just as sharp as when I bought it.

I went to Africa in 2017, and took with me a new Military with the digicam scales and DLC coated blade, and was immensely pleased with it, as it makes a heckuva field knife, and it's light as all get out. It doesn't look as new as it once did, but it handled everything Africa could throw at it, and came back for more.

This year, I'm in Afghanistan, and there is a brand new Amalgam on its way to me here in Kabul. This one is a bit of a departure for me, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this interesting and beautifully designed knife.

I guess you could say that I've started my own tradition, with very new adventure accompanied by a new Spyderco, and now that my son has joined the US Air Force, I plan to pass that tradition on to him should he ever deploy overseas. He already has a Manix with the translucent blue scales (kinda fitting for an Airman, I think), so he already knows what a quality pocket knife is supposed to look like!

I look forward to whatever is over the horizon, and when I get there, I'll have a Spyderco in my pocket.
"let a man never stir a step on the road without his weapons of war, for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without." Havamal, verse 38