Sprints or exclusives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Re: Sprints or exclusives?

Post by ABX2011 »

I'm still wondering if that's what Sal meant. When you read the quote in the context of the original thread it's less clear.
Personally I would prefer if they only sprinted disco'd models.
attila

Post by attila »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:51 am
If Spyderco was to stop doing sprints of popular models like the Para 2, instead only releasing them as exclusives that would be terrible for non U.S Spyderco fans. Some people have a hard time getting exclusives from stores in the U.S. For many it’s simply not an option at all. Sprint runs on the other hand ensure that those knives get distributed to all Spyderco dealers around the world.

I hope this situation gets some clarification.
This is a good point. I feel for non-US fans for this reason and recent customs nonsense.

I would add, though, that it wouldn't be terrible just for non-US fans. Those of us who like to take advantage of the Opfocus discount can't get great pricing on exclusives. I dislike most exclusives for this reason alone. I'll still get the DLT M390 if I can, but future exclusives will have to be really sweet to get me to bite.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

Discontinued: to put an end to; stop; terminate.

IMO Without Spyderco sprints dealer Para 2's and 3's exclusives will become the new norm.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Sprints will not be reserved for discontinued models. See my edit above.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”