How much are you willing to spend on a Chinese made knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How much are you willing to spend on a knife produced in China?

I'm not willing to buy a Chinese made knife
22%
I'll spend up to $25
4%
I'll spend up to $50
9%
I'll spend up to $75
5%
I'll spend up to $100
5%
I'll spend up to $150
2%
I'll spend up to $200
1%
I have no hard limit for how much I'll spend on a knife made in China - my purchase is based on other factors like materials and design
52%

Total votes: 149

rabbitanarchy14

Re: How much are you willing to spend on a Chinese made knife?

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

Calicoast wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:21 am
ABX2011 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:50 am
$0.00
Politics aside, it's well established what China has done, and continues to do across the globe, and in particular here in the United States. All due respect, but there are levels to things. Maybe its me: but I don't put knives above my country.
C
Agreed. They have done too much harm to our country, internet, and world let alone trying to keep the truth or speaking the truth banned. Horrible place.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

China has an undeserved rep for making garbage quality stuff. But you know whose fault that is? American consumers. China is as capable a manufacturing nation as any other. I’d comment about their ethics, but you might erroneously infer that I think American companies are above reproach. Both countries have reputable and irredeemable organizations.

We vote with our wallets with every purchase. When we choose to buy the cheaper made in China item, we’re choosing to buy a cheaper item, and American businesses took the hint. Over the years this buying behavior (combined with US gov over-regulation) has driven companies to make everything overseas to have competitive prices. So you see, we did this to us. It’s the same reason Everywhere USA has a Walmart and no local mom & pop shops. We chose.
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Wrong button :rolleyes: