Spyderco Factory resharpening

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zhyla

Re: Spyderco Factory resharpening

Post by zhyla »

toxophilus wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:12 am
I dropped off my old Mariner to have the serrated edge re-ground (there is a charge for this) and below is a before/after image of the result; a big difference IMO for this particular one :spyder:

Wow! I've sent abused SE knives in before for sharpening and they didn't do much for them. Did you have Spyderco do this? You just asked for regrinding? How much did it cost?
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

zhyla wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:28 pm
toxophilus wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:12 am
I dropped off my old Mariner to have the serrated edge re-ground (there is a charge for this) and below is a before/after image of the result; a big difference IMO for this particular one :spyder:

Wow! I've sent abused SE knives in before for sharpening and they didn't do much for them. Did you have Spyderco do this? You just asked for regrinding? How much did it cost?
Hi & Yes I had Spyderco do this work; I asked them to re-grind it to factory specs; cost was $20.00, dropped it off right before the Seconds Sale and they had it done within the next week :spyder:
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

zhyla wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:28 pm
Wish I took before and after picks of mine but I can tell you that my SE was pretty much ruined by a previous owner. I sent it in for a $20 regrind with high hopes and low expectations. When I got it back, at first I thought it was a different blade. The edge looks absolutely new.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder: