C15 yes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
scout

C15 yes

Post by scout »

What do you all think about a sprint run on the C15? This seems to me to be a no-brainer with the popularity of the 940 Osbourne.
Last edited by scout on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scout

Re: C15 yes

Post by scout »

I don't know why a sprint hasn't been developed yet. With the technology improvements in the last twenty years, the knife would really be a pure revisiting of where we are and where we've been.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Might no be that easy. For one thing, it's a collaborations model, so Bob Terzuola would have to sign off on a Sprint.. Next question might be whether or not the tooling still exists. Tooling up from scratch for a Sprint Run might not be practical. Then too, there's the issue of who would make them for Spyderco, or if they'd add them to Golden's already crowded production schedule, as I'm fairly sure using the maker who built the originals would not be feasible.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

Not to digress but I've become a Spyderco Steel Junky recently. I'm at the point where I'd buy any Millie or Para sprint that has a different steel than the ones I have. Unfortunately by the time I got into Spidies I missed all of the previous sprints and find myself cursing at ebay "re salers". Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a lot of low ling information re C15 as it relates to knife blades other than it sounds like an easily cold machined steel which I'd think wouldn't be the best for edge retention which to some degree I'd think most knife owners prefer to one degree or another. Is there a special heat treating or normalizing process that changes this when using it for a knife blade? I guess I'm really just wondering outside of just wanting a new steel, why C15?

Thanks!
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Dornbox wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 am
Not to digress but I've become a Spyderco Steel Junky recently. I'm at the point where I'd buy any Millie or Para sprint that has a different steel than the ones I have. Unfortunately by the time I got into Spidies I missed all of the previous sprints and find myself cursing at ebay "re salers". Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a lot of low ling information re C15 as it relates to knife blades other than it sounds like an easily cold machined steel which I'd think wouldn't be the best for edge retention which to some degree I'd think most knife owners prefer to one degree or another. Is there a special heat treating or normalizing process that changes this when using it for a knife blade? I guess I'm really just wondering outside of just wanting a new steel, why C15?

Thanks!
He means C15 as a spyderco model, not blade steel. The C15 is the first collaboration knife. It’s an old Terzoula model. Similar to the starmate or the double bevel.
I like some of these classics. They may not be as ergonomic as most spydercos but they have a nice blade to handle ratio.
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I think the c15 terzuola is one of the most ergonomic knives spyderco ever made. They have done several more collaborative models with Mr Bob T, and I'm not sure if they were really popular. One of my favorites and most carried is the double bevel that has been reprofiled to a clip point. I'd love to see a sprint run of the OG terzuola in CPM154 or RWL-34 and any handle material at all as long as it had a slightly deeper pocket clip.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

For those who haven't seen one, the C15 terzuola

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

It’s a nice knife but I just don’t see it doing well in today’s market.

Rich
Think for yourself
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Candyman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:14 am
It’s a nice knife but I just don’t see it doing well in today’s market.

Rich
I agree totally. It's a niche model (by today's standards) Historically very interesting but i am afraid they'd gather dust if replicated today *regardless of Spyderco or Benchmade manufacture :) *
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.