Kudos to Mr. Janich

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chambers

Kudos to Mr. Janich

Post by chambers »

I spend most of my time lurking in here but I felt obligated to post this. My local dealer held aside a Ronin for me for the last month or so (I had a Szabo blade to pay off) I've had ample time to play with the Ronin without actually owning it. Well today I finally made the purchase and I just want to say to Mr. Janich thanks for making a blade I understand. Most of the time when you see a concept blade like that it takes some time for you to understand what the designer had in mind and how to best use it and so on. I understood the Ronin from the minute I picked it up, I knew I liked it and I knew I had to buy one. And just to drive the point home. I had enough faith and confidance in this blade I sold a Microtech Auto (socom Elite) to buy the Ronin. So I just wanted to say kudos to Mr. Janich, I love the Ronin, and a big thanks to Spyderco for putting it out.

Shared Joy is increased, Shared Pain is lessened, -Spyder Robinson oxxxxxx{------------------------
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Chambers:

Thank YOU for the great post and the kind words. Few things are as gratifying as designing something, having it become a reality, and then having someone else appreciate its qualities exactly as you intended. You made my day!

I hope your Ronin serves you well.

Stay safe,

mike j
fannin

Post by fannin »

Just got my Ronin today and I think that this version is very well done. It truly is a well thought out design that performs rather than looks like it should. Usually this occurs when someone designs a blade that knows how & what it's used for. Again, congrat's on a job well done. The only drawback is my Ronin is #002, can't decide whether to carry it or put it in the safe with the MBC spydercard. Anyway, always looking forward to more training in the future, keep the classes comming.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Fannin:

Congratulations on your Ronin and thanks for your comments.

#002? You must have high friends in low places! I designed the knife and have #201. My advice is to stick it in the safe and buy a carry version. More IS better.

Any chance you'll make it out to Martial Blade camp in September...?

Stay safe,

mike j
fannin

Post by fannin »

Well, I met this guy named Sal in the Denver County Jail.......;} Anyway, I was thinking the same as you on storing it. Its my hope/plan to attend MBC camp,it all depends on how they schedule my rotations for the comming year, and if that preceptor is OK with it. Really want to do some ASP training, and of course brush up on my knife throwing. You think you'll have the flourescent light targets set up this time?
chambers

Post by chambers »

**** Mike, I've got #213 myself.

I'd have thought you'd have one of the low single didgets.

Shared Joy is increased, Shared Pain is lessened, -Spyder Robinson oxxxxxx{------------------------
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Fannin:

I hope you can make it to the camp. I will do my best to make it a blast for everyone, including plenty of "kicking ASP." As for knife throwing, we're going to do it a little different than your method. We plan to throw on purpose... (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)

To Chambers, even as the designer I stand in line behind the Spyderco collectors club members, so #201 is as low as it goes for "public" consumption. That's OK, though. Just seeing the design with a Spyderco mark is very gratifying.

Stay safe,

mike j