Smock Anticipation

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
lunde

Re: Smock Anticipation

Post by lunde »

I just spoke with someone at the SFO, and she told me that 1,200 pieces sold in less than 24 hours.
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

lunde wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 am
I just spoke with someone at the SFO, and she told me that 1,200 pieces sold in less than 24 hours.
That's 1,200 hot take reviews just waiting to happen.
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
gibs0n

Post by gibs0n »

lunde wrote:
WOW. That’s seems very impressive.
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

And another knife center email with no good news...
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'd say this knife is a 'Smockcess' 😃
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Got shipping notification from UPS :)

https://youtu.be/2Fm_oJ1qdl4

James
Last edited by Extra330SC on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

😞but good for you !
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Extra330SC wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm

James

Where did you order yours from James?

I have to agree with the masses on the YouTube comments. Yet another horribly placed clip because of a lanyard hole.(thankfully I already have a deep carry waiting to be slapped on this beauty)

Seriously though. Lanyard holes are absolutely useless to 9 out of 10 people, probably more. Gotta stop ruining pocket clip placement for those useless holes!!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm
Extra330SC wrote:

James

I have to agree with the masses on the YouTube comments. Yet another horribly placed clip because of a lanyard hole.(thankfully I already have a deep carry waiting to be slapped on this beauty)

Seriously though. Lanyard holes are absolutely useless to 9 out of 10 people, probably more. Gotta stop ruining pocket clip placement for those useless holes!!!
As one of the 10%, I have to disagree. I often remove the obnoxious pocket clip in favor of a fob.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm
Extra330SC wrote:

James

From Spyderco Rick! It's going to be my wife's first compression lock! She loves frame and liner locks but has just not meshed with the comp lock in its original form. I think having the button to release the blade will give her the confidence to use the Smock on a daily basis.

I've been on the side of just using Spydercos clips and haven’t had any issues carrying the Para 3 stock. But I did order a deep carry clip for this knife and the blue weave Domino I purchased recently.

James
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

lunde wrote:
Hi, lunde:
I'm not sure who you spoke to but that information needs a little context. The first run of the Smock was 1200 pieces.

We have shipped our international customers, collectors, and premiers (a program for our distribution customers). We just finished allocating the remaining inventory and those are shipping out today and early next week. So you'll see the Smock available again through dealers probably within the next week. The Smock is a standard inventory item so even though the first run is sold out (meaning orders placed with us directly from our distribution chain) there will be more to come.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Thanks for the info TazKristi. I’m waiting here in Canada for a dealer to get some, we already have to wait a couple extra weeks as it is, so it’s good to know more are on there way. Assuming border services doesn’t cause a problem, I assumed being a regular production item that I’ll get one eventually anyway but I’m hoping sooner than later. In the meantime I’ll “make do” , lol! with my SK23 from Kevin himself...
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
lunde

Post by lunde »

Thank you, Kristi, for clarifying. I was simply relaying what I was told by the lady who answered the SFO phone when I called.
TazKristi wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:47 am
lunde wrote:
Hi, lunde:
I'm not sure who you spoke to but that information needs a little context. The first run of the Smock was 1200 pieces.

We have shipped our international customers, collectors, and premiers (a program for our distribution customers). We just finished allocating the remaining inventory and those are shipping out today and early next week. So you'll see the Smock available again through dealers probably within the next week. The Smock is a standard inventory item so even though the first run is sold out (meaning orders placed with us directly from our distribution chain) there will be more to come.

Kristi
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

GP Knives overview!
https://youtu.be/p9TTvJn2Nk4

The Smock looks fantastic. ..good job Spyderco!

James
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Has anyone left-handed gotten or handled the Smock yet? My concern is that it looks like one could accidentally release the lock when gripping it left-handed.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Catamount123 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 pm
Has anyone left-handed gotten or handled the Smock yet? My concern is that it looks like one could accidentally release the lock when gripping it left-handed.
Lefty here. Don’t have one yet, however I have a custom SK23 Lefty,(the first lefty Kevin made actually). I can say that using it right handed poses me no issues. The positioning of the button and the choil, on the handle or forward choil is such that my hand doesn’t press against the button. The Spyderco Smock seems to be set up the same way. Won’t know for sure till I get one, (be a wait here in Canada) but somehow I think if you get one and it doesn’t work for you, you’ll have little trouble finding someone to take it off your hands.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
gibs0n

Post by gibs0n »

Catamount123 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 pm
I’m not predominately left handed, but I can do some things left handed well. My grip either doesn’t even land on the button, or rests against it. The flesh of my palm even in a tight grip is not enough to accurate the button. The release button takes quite a bit of intentional, positional, effort.

Apologies of quick and crappy pics. One is blown out because I was trying to make sure you could see where the button lands.

Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Looks good hows the feel??
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Who does #2 work for... lol
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Another look at the Smock!