Models That Absolutely DESERVE Sprint Runs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cwp

Re: Models That Absolutely DESERVE Sprint Runs

Post by cwp »

The Meerkat just recently had a HAP40 sprint run that's still available at or below MAP, and one in VToku2 has been announced; that's probably why enthusiasm for another sprint is on the low side right now. I think it'd look great in Nishijin scales, but I doubt that we'll see it any time in the immediate future, especially since the HAP40 sprint doesn't seem to have flown off the shelves.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

cwp wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:20 am
The Meerkat just recently had a HAP40 sprint run that's still available at or below MAP, and one in VToku2 has been announced; that's probably why enthusiasm for another sprint is on the low side right now. I think it'd look great in Nishijin scales, but I doubt that we'll see it any time in the immediate future, especially since the HAP40 sprint doesn't seem to have flown off the shelves.
Yeah you're right>> I forgot all about that one :o >> I'm just not that big on the smaller folders for the most part with the exceptions of the Dodo and Caly jr.

And speaking of the Caly Jr. wouldn't that be a great Sprint Run with a Micarta handle and supersteel blade. I might really be tempted on that one.
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

The Manix 2 backlock needs a good sprint run!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

91bravo wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 pm
The Manix 2 backlock needs a good sprint run!
I've even wondered at times if the original mid 2000s Manix would do good in a Sprint Run. Because even the first run of that great model got huge attention at the time.

For me personally the Manix just has a blade a bit too wide for most of my cutting jobs but it is a top notch, super quality, GOLDEN made model that has a huge following and I can sure appreciate that.
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

I know that y'all did a Sprint run of the Dyad a few years back. But i'd really like to see the mini Dyad make a comeback as well.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

samdasnake wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am
I know that y'all did a Sprint run of the Dyad a few years back. But i'd really like to see the mini Dyad make a comeback as well.
I second this. Or just another Dyad sprint again.

I envision H1 on the serrated blade and LC200n on the plain edge. Oh what a dream.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:14 pm
samdasnake wrote:
I second this. Or just another Dyad sprint again.

I envision H1 on the serrated blade and LC200n on the plain edge. Oh what a dream.
I'll take a solid LC200N Dyad and Dyad Jr, thanks!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

samdasnake wrote:

OH I could go for that>> but I want two changes>> I want a different blade steel this time. With the talk of all the new premium Japanese blade steels I would like to see the big C-44 Dyad in something like HAP 40 or something else in that league.

No Dyad Juniors or micro Dyads>> NO Absolutely not>> I would want the big C-44 Dyad :cool:
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:03 pm
samdasnake wrote:

OH I could go for that>> but I want two changes>> I want a different blade steel this time. With the talk of all the new premium Japanese blade steels I would like to see the big C-44 Dyad in something like HAP 40 or something else in that league.

No Dyad Juniors or micro Dyads>> NO Absolutely not>> I would want the big C-44 Dyad :cool:
JD, imagine H1 on the serrated and LC200n on the plain edge
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:45 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
samdasnake wrote:

Unless galvanic corrosion does not happen between LC200N and H1, that will stay an imagination.

I would prefer to follow the K.I.S.S. rule and have LC200N ;)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 am
knivesandbooks wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:45 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
samdasnake wrote:

Unless galvanic corrosion does not happen between LC200N and H1, that will stay an imagination.

I would prefer to follow the K.I.S.S. rule and have LC200N ;)
It would be super cool to have a SALT DYAD C-44 model ( full sized) You could have the plain edged, clip point blade in LC200N and the Sheepsfoot, Spyderedged blade in H-1. I could live with that real nicely. Or if they wanted to do a supersteel type combination I would love that as well. I even carried my old original ATS-55, C-44 Dyad one day this past weekend. There were a few fishermen here on the forum who loved the ATS-55 Dyad but they were all afraid that they would drop it overboard. Because that was one problem the original C-44 Dyad had>> there was no way to hook a lanyard up to it unfortunately. I would cry like a big baby if I dropped a C-44 Dyad overboard in the ocean, lake or river :(
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 pm
The Slysz Bowie. Only been a year but it deserves a rewind.
Maybe with M390/204P/S90V and a nice carbon fiber backspacer? Please, PLEASE. Cash in on the silly prices they're going for on the secondary market.

Also, Shaman.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

NickShabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:
Maybe with M390/204P/S90V and a nice carbon fiber backspacer? Please, PLEASE. Cash in on the silly prices they're going for on the secondary market.

Also, Shaman.
I was thinking Advocate style finish. I don't mean the orange rind, but make it nice and bright and mirror polish the corners. M4 steel. CQI a lockbar insert. C.f. backspacer would work nicely. I'd pay 350-400 for it.
Then sprint run the original with Damasteel.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

NickShabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:
A Slysz Bowie in M390 might just be my favorite Hunter Folder if it were to ever happen. Although I would still like to see the resurrection of the IMPALA model in a supersteel blade. I would even welcome the guthook version because it was one of the very few guthooks that I thought that worked well and was relatively easy to sharpen.

It seems a little strange that not many people have called for the designs of our good Spyder-Brother "dialex". The Adventura is particularly one I miss.