Handled a Kris and Polliwog Today

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Handled a Kris and Polliwog Today

Post by Sharp Guy »

It was cool coming across these two today. I was tempted to buy the Polliwog but I decided it was too expensive (asking $275). I need to save my money for the Paysan.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Nice marmot

Re: Handled a Kris and Polliwog Today

Post by Nice marmot »

I read this and pulled my ss poliwog out of the drawer. I bought it when it first came out but I don't know that I ever carried it more than once or twice. I inspected it closely seeing how much these things are going for now. As odd as it may sound I was pleasantly surprised to find a few faint scratches on it. Well, that means it is no longer mint so into the rotation it will go.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I'd like a Kris. Would orefer a bolstered Persian. The Kris seems like a fun knife
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
garret

Post by garret »

A polywog ... someday I'll get one
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

In the past I've gone on record saying that the Poliwog was about the only Eric Glesser design I didn't like. I may be having second thoughts about that. Because I'm about to take on a job that's going to require opening several boxes during the course of a day and I'm thinking that a Poliwog model might just be the ticket.

Also out of the 2004-2006 era the KRIS model is one of the very few I never got to own at some point. I'm now thinking that both of these models would be ideal for a Sprint Run. They are both sought after by collectors and both literally have a type of cult following.

Yeah I think that both the Poliwog and Kris models would be ideal for a Sprint Run but in newer/better blade steels this time around please.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

The Kris is surprisingly comfortable in hand, as it looks somewhat odd but it's actually very ergonomic. It's just a masterpiece, so happy to have one. Unfortunately I'd bed a fairly large sum that Spyderco no longer has a maker that could pull off the Kris sprint.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

An updated Kris with screw construction would get my money!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!