KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pman61

Re: KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Post by Pman61 »

I didn’t need a black Para 3, but what the heck it’s a new knife. This will be my first Cru-Wear, Para 3 is my favorite size and I haven’t puchased a new knife since the Forum PM2. Ordered and shipping notice!
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Wait, what do you guys mean by smooth G10? Like what’s on the Tenacious? Or it is scales like what is on my PM2 Blurple?
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
Crux

Post by Crux »

There's a picture of a PM2 with the smooth scales on page 3 of this thread.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:12 pm
I told myself that the smooth scales are “going to be fine” when I got the PM2 with them on. I never carry that PM2. It’s going to be interesting to see what you guys think 3 months from now...maybe on the Para 3 it will be different.
I couple years I ago I had a severe dislike for smooth G10 scales. I even returned a nice set of red G10 PM2 scales because they were smooth. Since then I've bought a few knives with smooth scales and I really like them now. They're easier to take in and out of the pocket and I don't have a problem holding on to them during use. I still like scales with texture but it's no longer a requirement for me. If I didn't already have a PM2 and Para 3 with Cruwear I would've been all over this KC exclusive.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Joey

Post by Joey »

It’s different than the two models you mentioned. Its a “soft” smooth kind of like a matte (not shiny/non reflective) paint texture. There isn’t any grip to speak of surface wise.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

It's the "good" smooth. In that it is easier on the pants than g10 or even CF when being drawn. Barely a texture but yet enough! If that makes sense.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Crux wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm
rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm
Haha, I promise I’m not! I just don’t want you all to be disappointed.
If it says Spyderco Golden Colorado then I don't care if they used banana scales.
Hahaha. You guys are awesome! I get it, sometimes it just doesn’t matter...the knife is just that cool:)
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
kirill.sergueev

Post by kirill.sergueev »

oops
awa54

Post by awa54 »

USPS tracking says it's is in my mailbox!

the 15 minutes until my lunch break are going to seem like hours :rolleyes:
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Xander3Zero

Post by Xander3Zero »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 am
USPS tracking says it's is in my mailbox!

the 15 minutes until my lunch break are going to seem like hours :rolleyes:
At first I'm like... How the heck did this guy in VT get this before me in RI; mine was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow... So I decided to check on the tracking... and mines been delivered too! Can't wait to get home now!
Joey

Post by Joey »

Mine arrived in Utah already! Stropped a bit with some 2000/3000 grit and it’s melting through paper just like his older brother. This is my second Cruwear knife, and I am extremely impressed with the steel. Spyderco of course nailed the QC again as well!
Attachments
0A5A2DA8-A27A-4182-BA4D-35E0B15746A0.jpeg
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Now that I have the knife in hand, I'm thinking that it'll be fine without a scale swap... I'll carry it for a while and see how the smooth G10 grows on me over the next few weeks.

The obligatory Ti clip is on its way as well, but for isn't slated for delivery until Monday :(
-David

eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Long time stalker, first time poster. Just got mine out of the mailbox as well. Thought others may be interested in some comparison pics. Wasn't sure I'd like the smooth scales, but initial impressions are looking good.
p3Cruwear.jpg
p3Cruwear.jpg
Attachments
p3Cruwear2.jpg
Last edited by eRoc on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

I'm about 30 minutes away from KC, funny how the shipping works. Mine should be in my mailbox when I get home tonight. Fingers crossed!
Love that Cruwear...
Crux

Post by Crux »

:D
Attachments
Para 3 Cruwear smooth_.jpg
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Got mine. I like the texture of these scales, no swap for me. I’m very excited to try this steel. I wonder how it corrodes? I love M4, but I’ve found in a sweaty days work, I get rust and pits. Definately not a pocket-it and forget-it steel for me in Florida. So I’ve determined that when I know I’m going to sweat through my clothes I take a Salt 2 instead. I may find I’m a candidate for s90v after my frequent anti-super-stainless-steel posts :rolleyes:
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:32 pm
Got mine. I like the texture of these scales, no swap for me. I’m very excited to try this steel. I wonder how it corrodes? I love M4, but I’ve found in a sweaty days work, I get rust and pits. Definately not a pocket-it and forget-it steel for me in Florida. So I’ve determined that when I know I’m going to sweat through my clothes I take a Salt 2 instead. I may find I’m a candidate for s90v after my frequent anti-super-stainless-steel posts :rolleyes:

I would say "it doesn't", but I'm in the northeast, not Florida, so I'll bet you can get some rust, maybe comparable to what I get (or don't as the case may be) on M4 here in VT.

If you're in the market for S90V the Cutlery Shoppe Manix 2 LW is a great platform for it (or S110V).
-David

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Billed on the 30th, but order status only shows as approved. Here’s hoping I get good news tomorrow.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Mine arrived yesterday. Very happy with the smoother G10. It of course has a different feel which is a nice change. Definitely goes in to the pocket easier.

I only keep one Para 3 in my carry rotation so we'll see if this can bump the St. Nick's Knives 4V.
blues

Post by blues »

Mine showed up today. Excellent fit and finish, drops closed and sharp as a laser. Nice companion to its larger sibling.
- Retired from the chase -