KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crux

Re: KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Post by Crux »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm
I want this.... but have already spent some money on the discontinued Bushcraft which should be coming in tomorrow (Excited).
Plus... I have my eye on the BHQ dlc m4 military...
See what I mean??? Basically the PM2 is one of the BEST folders and I have several, but the problem was first breaking it out in a restaurant of which some where people got their undies in a wad. So I focused on the Para 3 which is awesome and meets several oppressive knife laws, but might fail to meet the uneducated people that seek to destroy our rights. This is the very best site I know of. https://knifeup.com/knife-laws/

I'm sorry if my Para 3 whorness skews my reports. I can be impartial. I'm working on it with help. :spyder:
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
blues

Post by blues »

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having different (sized) knives for different occasions and / or venues. Even as a retired LEO living in a semi-rural environment I try to consider the environment I intend to be in.

When I'm going to a restaurant or the supermarket, there's no need for me to have anything larger than the Para 3 which is more than capable of handling any task at hand. We are ambassadors of the knife world and it's better for folks to see the utility and sense of carrying a pocketknife rather than causing undue alarm simply because we are within our rights.

(Even a smaller knife like the K390 Urban would be fine but I'd probably save that for a more formal / restrictive setting.)
- Retired from the chase -
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is the difference between smooth G10 and the G10 handles that come on the other models? Is it smooth/shiny like the fixed blade Junction, or is there some texture?
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

My pre-order is now listed in my KC account.
Northglenn500 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:41 pm
Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is the difference between smooth G10 and the G10 handles that come on the other models? Is it smooth/shiny like the fixed blade Junction, or is there some texture?
Most G10 used in knives has a so called Peel Ply texture. So it's a little rough to give grip. The G10 on this exclusive is as it says smooth, which is not the standard. You can still see the fiberglas pattern in the epoxy.

Here is how it should look like. (image from the previous PM2 exclusive, credit to @RadioactiveSpyder)
Crux

Post by Crux »

I like it. :)
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

10/30, the big day! Hopefully KC didn’t over sell pre-orders! Come on shipping notice and tracking number....
Xander3Zero

Post by Xander3Zero »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:53 am
10/30, the big day! Hopefully KC didn’t over sell pre-orders! Come on shipping notice and tracking number....
My first pre-order with KC... and really hoping these aren't delayed from the expected date!

Pretty excited to try the smooth G10 scales, and also happy that this version will have the satin grinds as opposed to the blasted finish in some of the sprints. Looking at the close up picture of the handle above.. makes me wish Spyderco would put a nice big radius'ed edge around the scales to give it more "contour". Would definitely feel really nice in hand.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Showing as “in stock”!

Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Xander3Zero wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:57 am
Looking at the close up picture of the handle above.. makes me wish Spyderco would put a nice big radius'ed edge around the scales to give it more "contour". Would definitely feel really nice in hand.
That is a PM2 though. They have sharper/less rounded G10 edges than the Para 3's.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Ok, I just saw that KC just charged my CC for it. Should be coming soon.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Mine shows in stock as well. That’s so surprising to me! Seeing other recent Para 3 exclusives sell out so fast made me think this one also would.
Let’s see if it can last the rest of the month!
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

What models has Cru wear been offered on?
blues

Post by blues »

Just called and it's shipping today. I had no idea these orders were being filled so quickly. Good stuff.
- Retired from the chase -
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I have to pass on this one as I have my eye on the Rex45 and BHQ mili. Also, the smooth scales are not my thing. They are not Shaman smooth, but a weird slick smooth.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Joey

Post by Joey »

I’m normally not a big fan of “slick” surfaces either, but I decided this one gets a pass. It’s just a nice change from the textured surfaces found on most knives I own. Another huge reason I don’t mind it is the fact that I’ve never had to use a knife with wet hands. I find dry hands can still get plenty of grip, thankfully.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

GarageBoy wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 am
I think the PM2, Millie, Manix 2 and this one.
Crux

Post by Crux »

ABX2011 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:44 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 am
I think the PM2, Millie, Manix 2 and this one.
This is the second Para 3 in Cruwear.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Mine is shipped :cool:

Not sure if KC got all 600 on day 1, but i can only add 32 to my cart before it goes out of stock at the time of this writing. So it might be sold out soon.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Only 32? Must be tough. :)
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

KC is awesome, got my shipping notification at around 5pm. EST today. Love the PM2 Cruwear with the smooth G10, probably won't get hard use like my S110V EDC.
CRUWEAR what's not to like?? LoL
How does one become a member of the Cruwear Nation?